questions about upgrading the harddrive

dapex

Prominent Member
Reaction score
we record mainly kids stuff on sky+ and I could back it up to DVD but then it defeats a lot of the point to my mind, as it is no matter what room we are in, we can put a hannah montanna or something on (better to sit and watch a program then just have some drivel on i the background etc)

I could really do with a bigger drive in the box so firstly I need to know how to make the upgrade happen, then I need to know if there is anyway I can keep all the programs on my current hardrive and transfer them to the new bigger HD?

Cheers

In theory you could clone a disk using something like Norton Ghost but it would mean placing the old and the new drive into your PC and that can be a bit fiddly.

There are many threads on swapping HDDs so take a look using the search option for details on how it's done.

Cheers, Franc

Norton Ghost or any other proprietary PC program will NOT copy the disk successfully.

There is a program called copy+ which will do the job - see here
http://copyplus.artisswebdesign.co.uk/

WOW!!!! that bit of saoftware is EXACTLY what I have been looking for, thank you so much. I honestly expected to be told I was being silly and it couldnt be done... thank god I asked the question now:):clap:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom