• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

questions about upgrading the harddrive

dapex

we record mainly kids stuff on sky+ and I could back it up to DVD but then it defeats a lot of the point to my mind, as it is no matter what room we are in, we can put a hannah montanna or something on (better to sit and watch a program then just have some drivel on i the background etc)

I could really do with a bigger drive in the box so firstly I need to know how to make the upgrade happen, then I need to know if there is anyway I can keep all the programs on my current hardrive and transfer them to the new bigger HD?

Cheers

FRANTIC FRANC

In theory you could clone a disk using something like Norton Ghost but it would mean placing the old and the new drive into your PC and that can be a bit fiddly.

There are many threads on swapping HDDs so take a look using the search option for details on how it's done.

Cheers, Franc

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Norton Ghost or any other proprietary PC program will NOT copy the disk successfully.

There is a program called copy+ which will do the job - see here
http://copyplus.artisswebdesign.co.uk/

dapex

WOW!!!! that bit of saoftware is EXACTLY what I have been looking for, thank you so much. I honestly expected to be told I was being silly and it couldnt be done... thank god I asked the question now:):clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom