questions about those of you who are going out to steal something later

L

lisa burrell

I wonder how many of you reading this are going out to steal something later maybe do some shoplifting. Why do you do it. For such trivial things. If you get caught. In Sainsbury you get taken to the managers office you get what’s called a Civil recovery order which is £80 fine you must pay the store or face going to court. That means a blemish on your character rest of your life. If you do It in Asda they Call the police.

What brought this to mind working yesterday I saw a 80 year old woman arrested for a full trolley in a well known store. Her trolley full of salmon expensive clothing and wines and spirits. The total come to £250 . When apprehended she was loading the haul into the boot of her car . A receipt for her shopping was asked for and she replied I do not feel very well. She was arrested. Later that afternoon another woman in her middle 30’s was being followed around the same store she was suspicious in the amount she was putting in her trolley. Another one been at the Salmon and the clothing and the CD’s 13 in all was apprehended after a careful watch exiting without paying. She was asked for a recipt. She also said I do not feel well I am confused. I am looking for the lift. She was told she already been in it twice. With this she aimed the trolley at the security guard and legged it down loads of steps like a scene out of a cop film into a waiting car and sped of into a traffic jam where its Registration was leisurely taken. Where we will say no more what happen next. But no feeling sorry for these people. This old lady for example you do not no how many times she had done this before and got away with it.

This is what I find so annoying also about when you see in the news. Someone arrested in Singapore for Drug trafficking. We know there going to be on the end of a rope there for that Its normally some pretty girl. Then these annoying do good people start there annoying campaigns . They never take into account after this person been screaming I been duped into this. Just how many times they have done it before they were actually caught.

I can not understand why in this day and age why people steal from shops and other establishment’s what with the CCTV cameras in operation. Why do you even fight and run a mock when you get caught. Why don’t you realise that if it’s a game. You have lost and except it.

Your comments please

Lis@~~

String em up , pluck their eyes out . Have at them with a hot poker. Feed em to the peeegs!

Then do their families too.

Evil Evil swine burn in hell the lot of them , may their offspring be forever cursed ...blah de blah etc etc...

:confused:

But it's such a thrill if you can get away with it.:)

Some people are forced to shoplift if they have no money, the DSS giro has not turned up or they can not make the giro payment last the week.

Some people are professional shoplifters and make a good living from it.

Some people do shoplifting not because they need or want the goods, but because they are mentaly ill and need help.

Some people shoplift because they are thieves and do not care if they get caught.

I think supermarkets should work on an honour based system, like a lock-in at your local pub. Do away with the checkouts, the security, the CCTV.

People should just put some cash in a pint glass on their way out to cover the cost of the things they bought.

It's the disgraceful lack of trust that these places show that makes criminals of us all!! :mad:

Some people are forced to shoplift if they have no money, the DSS giro has not turned up or they can not make the giro payment last the week.

Nobody is forced to do it. If they haven't got the money they can go and get a job.

Some people shoplift because they are thieves and do not care if they get caught.

ALL shoplifters don't care if they get caught. If they cared about getting caught, they wouldn't do it.

I wonder how many of you reading this are going out to steal something later maybe do some shoplifting

In Sainsbury you get taken to the managers office you get what’s called a Civil recovery order which is £80 fine you must pay the store or face going to court. That means a blemish on your character rest of your life. If you do It in Asda they Call the police.

The most stolen item: Razor Blades, only for the fact that you can get face value for them. Also I once watched someone clean the full meat counter in a Sainsbury's.

I wonder how many of you reading this are going out to steal something later maybe do some shoplifting

Need to be careful regarding your post as you state going out to steal, the forum does not want other members to go about and start stealing things now does it. :nono:

I wonder how many of you reading this are going out to steal something later maybe do some shoplifting.

Or invade a small country, commit genocide, or may be have sex with a domestic farmyard animal. May be horsewhip your Grandma with a electrical flex or poke a badger with a spoon.

That's the thing about the AVForums. We're all a bunch of category A offenders and all round cad and bounders.

Excuse me. I'm off to see if my bitches have got my damn money.

Too late!

Proportion of taxpayer funded student loan spent on course: only 60% (I do plan to pay it back! :D). Seriously, how do you think I pay for the audio and game gear? Ok, so its not really shoplifting...

P.S. did you only want people who will shoplift later to respond? :confused:

Nobody is forced to do it. If they haven't got the money they can go and get a job.
The majority of shoplifting is done to fund drug habits. They are not exactly being "forced" as such, but might as well be.
As for the 80 year old, well she's either senile or just a bloody thieving cow. I doubt she's a raging heroin addict, but you never know these days.....

... into a waiting car and sped off into a traffic jam where its Registration was leisurely taken.
That was excellent! :D

If you're going to steal, you're a bit stupid anyway, so you'll do it in a stupid way, stealing tins of beans from a supermarket.

The only way I'd steal anything is if the payoff was worth it, like from a bank or something (not a person who would suffer), and the risk would have to be non-existent. But that's not going to happen.

It just doesn't make sense to risk a criminal record over £1.52 worth of groceries.

Also I once watched someone clean the full meat counter in a Sainsbury's.
getting a visit from the health inspector that month were they? :rotfl:

sorry, couldnt resist..heh

most kids at some point snatch something from a shop, usually as a peer pressure dare, i did, so did pretty much any of my friends......being honest (err) in that kind of instance its not really wrong so much as a life experience, if you get caught you feel shamed (when young i'm talking remember) and doubtful will do it again if your parents have brought you up reasonably well, if you dont get caught you get some kudos from your peers and dont need to do it again..........

its when you do need to do it again, and keep doing it, or do it as an adult for no reason other than you want the item or want to buy it to sell for cash, then its very wrong......

most shops now dont actually prosecute unless the value of items is high enough or its a literal clear cut case of theft.......partly this was down to the police saying there were just too many cases happening for paltry amounts for it to be worth police time getting involved :rolleyes:

I was in TK Maxx earlier in the week looking at their shoes and amongst the row of clean & shiny size tens were a dirty pair of trainers that I actually smelt before I saw.

I told the girl at the checkout and she said that it happened quite often

I can not understand why in this day and age why people steal from shops and other establishment's.

It's probably boredom in most cases. Many don't realise that they could stay in and start new threads on AV Forums General Chat instead :D

I was in TK Maxx earlier in the week looking at their shoes and amongst the row of clean & shiny size tens were a dirty pair of trainers that I actually smelt before I saw.

There was a microwave device on Dragons Den that would get the smell out for you if you were going to buy them.

Someone arrested in Singapore for Drug trafficking.........Then these annoying do good people start there annoying campaigns .
What annoys me is that if it's someone British commiting a crime abroad then thats when the campaigns start.
When they do it in this country we (rightly) want to throw the book at them.
I remember, some years ago, a case of two girls caught trying to smuggle 7kgs of heroin in biscuit tins out of some country - Singapore, I think.
7kgs no less :eek: :eek:
But- they were British.
So off pops John Major on a diplomatic mission to bring back our poor, misunderstood girls.
I'm not being political here. Tony Blair did something similar in the early days of his premiership, I just can't remember what it was now.
It's the same with football hooligans.
In this country they're castigated (rightly again).
If it's abroad, they're innocent victims of wicked johnny foreigner.

I said thanks to Ian there because i fell of my stool in fits of laughter and giggles. showed my Dad and of we went again. Thanks everyone for making me laugh: on such a seriouse issue to. thumbsup:

I was so incensed is that the word when i spouted of at the top. I just could not believe.. the people who were actually steeling the most. Its your middle class middle aged guys with nice houses nice cars and they think its there god given right to do it and the world owes them it. The biggest shock come to that even Disable people to are .. well you got to see it. This person in a wheel chair did there shopping paid for it slipped over to the newspapers and was sliding magazines into the already paid for shopping bags. when questioned they were quite honest said i been taking loads of magazines.

Theres another side to A security person i know on there day of. Went into HMV and well because he had ski pants a hood which was down and trainers he was victimised for the way he was dressed and was followed right round the store. So that happens to. Thats another side of it.

Thanks anyway

Lis@~~

Happy easter

....he was victimised for the way he was dressed and was followed right round the store.
probably whilst his mate took the opportunity to shoplift for both of them whilst all eye were presumamably on the conspicuously dressed youth!

probably whilst his mate took the opportunity to shoplift for both of them whilst all eyes were presumably on the conspicuously dressed youth!
:D :rotfl:

Its quite an interesting topic in the work environment, where the vast majority of theft from the workplace is done by white collar workers. They have access to all the Gucci, expensive kit and if the get caught taking it home, they claim they need it for unpaid overtime etc at home. Laptops, software,electronics, books, stationary, etc. And once at home it stays there. I once worked with a manager in a logistics firm who regularly topped up his car with derv and then sold it on as soon as he got home. And as for expense accounts...
One thing that struck me as odd. Every company I ever worked for would have bag/car checks and locker checks etc, but no-one ever checked where all the post was going:devil:

have to say, i often get followed around stores by the security....

just to set the scene.....i'm 6ft, heavy set bone structure and currently overweight as well, often sporting a goatee with joined thin sideburns, normally short hair, wearing black trousers, black trainers, t-shirt varies, black cotton/denim USA style sports jacket (its big enough and warm enough).....

I get the textbook reasons why they might follow me.......but general human study would show i'm the last person to consider myself able to get away with stealing stuff........ok there is the double bluff idea, but even then with someone my size and general presence (physical and sociable) it just wouldnt be worth bothering...lol

yet everytime i go to town, at least half the shops i go in will have someone tailing me.....have to say its fun in a supermarket trying to lose them.....when you manage to lose them but realise where they are, then surprise them, cracks me up everytime :D

edit: oh, of course my favourite time is when I have actually been stopped (for example the beeper went off as they hadnt swiped the metallic tag properly).....you can see in their faces the expectant outburst of indignation from a bellowing bearded big man.......only to hear me say in practically Noel Coward tones 'I do believe the tag has not been swiped correctly, would you mind?'

:D

(Whispers to Knyght_byte) “Please clear your PM inbox – I'm trying to send you a message of essay-like proportions! :D

I would never shoplift – I don't get the chance! :D – but I was once falsely accused of shoplifting when I was 12.

It was so embarrassing, and my parents were in the shop next door. I ended up with the nastiest, tallest, biggest security guard in the shopping centre, and he proceeded to search me and my bag, which he was not entitled to do without my parents being present as far as I know. Dad hit the roof and spoke to the manager of the store and the security guard. The manager came into the shop next door, where I sitting, and apologised in front of the staff in the adjoining shop.

We went back into the same store a few days later and bought something, and we were served by the manager! Dad didn't want me to go in there, but I wanted to prove a point that I would pay for my items, not steal them.

Anyway, that's all ancient history now.

My sister, as a trainee police officer, has had to deal with shoplifting incidents. Some of the excuses are diabolical, and some cannot even see any wrong in what they are doing, which is probably why they do it in the first place.

Stop looking at me funny, you lot – I didn't steal anything! Honest. :)

Regards,

Carl :)

I used to work in a supermarket one of my jobs was to process the goods through a checkout if we caught them stealing or they abandoned the trolley.

This was done so a cost could be associated. Its funny it always used to be hundreds of pounds worth of booze and expensive produce. Of course anything from the fridges or freezers would have to be thrown away and could not be resold. So that cost gets past onto the paying customers.

Number one excuse I cant aford to feed my children. My number one reply didnt realise children needed Jack Daniels for a healthy diet.

If I caught shopliffters stealing a loaf of bread and a few cans of soup for their starving children it would be different but I never did.

We even had a spate of purses being stolen and eventually I discovered it was a 7 year old girl whilst the mom was asking unsuspecting customers to read packaging for her cause she had forgotten her glasses the little girl had been taught to retrieve purses:mad:
Police was called mother was arrested 2 weeks later she was spotted in another supermarket at it again.

I remember shopping in Boots with my wife a few years ago.

We saw an attractive young woman in a fur coat filling a large inside pocket quite blatantly.

There were plenty of staff around and we kept looking at them to see if they would notice.

Apparently their private conversations were far more important than watching their more upmarket "customers".

The well-dressed thief walked out without anyone else noticing.

Must admit part of me thinks if they get away wih stealing from the big stores which, lets face it ,rip off consumer and supplier alike then, good luck to them. I dont like it when they thieve off small traders though:thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom