Questions about sky and on digital

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by -, May 15, 2001.

1. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    le hutch.

I doubt very much that you will find any standard installer that is going to install a Sony digibox for you.

Your only choice is to get SKY digital installed and accept whatever box they give you and then buy a Sony Digibox from another source.

Lillo :(

2. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw a sony digi box in the Swindon Sony shop and they were asking £50 for installation. So try your local Sony shop first.

Re On Digital, if they want it back get a call indicator and don't answer the phone for 2 hours, then make an appointment for them to pick it up and go out for the day (or hide when they call)

If they complain tell them "now you know what it f***ing feels like"

3. le hutch

le hutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had on digital since sept 1999 and I am just about to cancel my subscription because I am going to get sky digital.

Who owns my on digital box? I've heard that if you obtained it before a certain date you are entitled to keep it?

I want to get one of the Sony sky digiboxes (for the audio digital out) and I'm having trouble finding an installer who will guarentee that I will receive one.

Can anyone recommend an installer in the south east (brighton), who will meet my needs?

Can anyone recommend an alternatice STB??

Thanks in advance!! :D

4. compusolve

compusolve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Le Hutch

You are right in what you say about who owns the On Digital Box, although, if it is a test or research box you may well not, also how did you aquire the box at one time you had to pay £400 - £300 for them, or you might have aquired the box through a retailer for £200, in these situation the box is yours.

Regards
    Garry

5. le hutch

le hutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good news! I phoned my local Sony shop who will be able to supply me with a sony stb. Only trouble is I have to wait 5 weeks as they are waiting for the new version of their box. They were unable to tell me what the difference between the old and new boxes...does anyone know what the new boxes are like???

:D :D :D :D

6. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seeing you've followed the first bit of advice I hope you follow the second bit as well.

Dave

7. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will shortly be getting a Sony IDTV and switching to an Ondigital module thats plugs into the telly. With a bit of luck, they will forget all about the old box and I can stick it under the telly in the bedroom and get a few extra channels.

Good advice fartpants, most of these companies couldn't organise a tea party so probably if they don't get the box at the first attempt, they will forget it.

Steve

8. le hutch

le hutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I phoned On Digital to cancel my subscription and after the standard questions ('why are you leaving - cuz I'm getting SKY' and 'why are you doing that - cuz On digitals crap'), they offered me 3 months subscription for £1 a month....shame I didnt phone up 3 months ago, I would have saved myself £72......