1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about Reelbox PVR 1100

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by DeepS, Dec 31, 2004.

Tags:
  1. DeepS

DeepS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello All

I have been looking for a PVR for a while but there are none available that meet my requirements i.e. dual DTT tuners, hard drive and dvdr.

I know that many companies have plans for such devices but nothing really appears to be ready for sale in the next few months apart from the Reelbox PVR 1100 (http://reel-multimedia.com/en/endkunde/reelboxpvr1100.html).

It appears to be another Dreambox type receiver running a Linux OS with a choice of digital tuners for satellite, terrestrial and radio. My guest is that it will primarily be aimed at the satellite market, much like the Dreambox (which also have a new model coming out - 7080/85).

Does anyone know anything more about the Reelbox beyond the material available on the website? Has anyone actually seen one or is it vapourware? Are there any other similar receivers available?

Thanks

DeepS

2. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Wow, what a neat bit of kit !! :smashin: Plenty of options to choose from, and the software is open source so you can update features with the develoment kit.

Never seen anything like this before, and having all devices in one box.

If it peforms as good as the website tells us, then it would be a great bit of kit.

Still undecided to go with a dedicated PVR or add something like the Nebula to my HTPC ?? And as from looking at the various PVR boxes available, the Pace twin & the Nebula can only record radio transmissions. (Anyone else have more details on this function with the other boxes available ??)

Cheers

3. Funboy

Funboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I put a reply post here http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1645095#post1645095&conly= which gave a uk supplier for the Reelbox.

As you say its a bit like a Dreambox but a whole lot more me thinks. They say it will be here in the UK from May (end) so time will tell.

From what I have read up on this bit of kit it seems to be a work in progress just like the Dreambox but then as it is open source will never be like a Topfield,Humax,Pace etc as these are What You See What You Get if you catch my drift.

The linux seen is all about evolution with out further expenditure on the consumers part which is what make me tick :) getting fed up with pouring my money down the drain when something is changed (yes could be a lame duck) :suicide:

Love the bit about how you can change the tuners (has two) to what you want. Anyone no of anything else on the market that has this option?

Well gave my pennies worth so its a case of what and see for now. (could be good more likely not but who can tell) Anyone ave any thoughts?