1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about HSU and SVS subs!

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by 5ergo, Sep 2, 2005.

1. 5ergo

5ergo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok here are questions Id really like to know:

-Does the signal go through crossover if connecting a svs/hsu sub via left and right outputs?Can i set it to 50hz if connected this way?

Id like to connect svs/hsu sub to monitor system via this:
    http://www.presonus.com/centralstation.html
    So i wont have any receiver to set crossover on it, but its the sub that will decide on crossover freq.

If the question ain't clear enough tell me cause this is the most important one.

-Which sub has better bass overall: SVS PB10 or HSU VTF3? My primary joy is music and second are movies.
    Are those subs sounding quite the same or are there other differences in bass sound?

Does anyone know if the PB10 erases HD if placed near one? I know that VTF3 does not!

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    The SVS PB-10 is an excellent sub but it won't meet your requirements as it was designed specifically for connection to the LFE output socket of an AV amp as it doesn't have an internal crossover.

Any other SVS sub will connect to the speaker terminals of your amp though with the crossover being selectable on the subwoofer.

As far as I am aware no forum member has imported an HSU sub so we won't be able to comment on that aspect.

3. 5ergo

5ergo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got reply from svs the same day! They are awsome! SVS subs don't have shielding but they don't damage HD cause radiation ain't that strong.

I decided not to buy hsu sub since they wont reply to my email.I need good support.

I decided for PCi 20-39 but it appears that PB12ISD has a bit stronger output.Check the FR curve -> 90dB for PCi and 95dB for PB12ISD.

Anyway ill probably buy PCi version because of space and its probably overkill for me already.

Thanks for info Ian