Questionnaire

zishan03

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Is anyone willing to fill out a gaming questionnaire for me to help me with my dissertation, it will only take you like a maximum of 5 minutes.

If you want I can post the questionnaire up in this thread and people just give their feedback as replys, I think people will find each others answers quite interesting.

Thank You in Advance,

Zishan

Hey everyone, I decided to just post it up in the thread to get the maximum amount of feedback, I look forward to your answers and once again, thank you very much.

First of all I want to apologise for the poor layout of the questionnaire, I copied it in from a Word document so all the formatting is not perfect. Secondly I just want to say thank you in advance as this will be a great help to me. It might be easiest for you to just make a list of question numbers and write or answer next to them. Thank You.

1. Have you ever played video games?

Yes No

2. Do you play video games on a regular basis?

Yes No

3. On average how many hours a week do you spend playing video games?
Less then 2 hours, 2-4 hours, 4-6 hours, 6-8 hours, 8-10 hours, 10-12 hours, 12-14 hours, 14-16 hours

4. How many years have you been playing console videogames?
.................................................. ............................................

5. How interested are you in Video Games? (Please put a circle around the number that matches your view most closely)

10 Very Interested
1 Not at all interested

6. Which of the following consoles do you own?

Playstation 1 Sega Dreamcast
Playstation 2 Microsoft Xbox
Nintendo 64 Microsoft Xbox 360
Nintendo Gamecube

7. Out of the consoles you own, which is your favourite and why?
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……

8. Would you say you are loyal to any particular brand of video games console?

Yes (please state brand and why below) No (please state why below)
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……

9. Please number each of the factors listed below in order of importance to you in your choice of a new video games console. Number the most important 1, the next 2 and so on.

Manufacturer of the console (Brand)
1st Party Games Support
3rd Party Games Support
Ability to play online
Ability to play DVD’s
Ability to act as a media centre
Design of the console
Design of the controller
Popularity amongst friends (social aspect)
Exclusive games
Reputation of the console
Other (please state) …………………………….

10. When Microsoft first entered the video games market with the original Xbox, what were your thoughts on the Xbox brand?

11. Four years later and with the introduction of the Xbox 360, what are your thoughts of the Xbox brand now?

12. Would you buy a console because it is the first to the market with new technology?

Yes No

13. If you did not presently own a console, which would you choose from the following and why?

Nintendo Gamecube Microsoft Xbox 360

14. Please use one or two words to describe what you think of the following consoles:

Nintendo Gamecube………………………………………….
Microsoft Xbox 360…………………………………………..
Playstation 2………………………………………………….
Microsoft Xbox………………………………………………

Thank you for taking the time to complete the questionnaire. Unless you have a problem with it, could you please state your gender and age at the bottom of your answers please.

Thanking You

Zishan

zishan03 said:

Yes

zishan03 said:

Yes

zishan03 said:

2-4 hours

zishan03 said:

About 22 years - Commodore 4tw :)

zishan03 said:
5. How interested are you in Video Games? (Please put a circle around the number that matches your view most closely)
2 (console) 9 MMORPG PC

zishan03 said:

Microsoft Xbox
Microsoft Xbox 360

You need to include PC's or if your not including PCs then disregard almost all of my answers!

zishan03 said:

Xbox, coz not only can I play excellent games on it but I can also use it as a media streaming device. Sadly something seriously lacking on the 360 due to MS restrictions.

zishan03 said:

Microsoft: Mod'ability baby! Even the 360 will be modded soon.

zishan03 said:
9. Please number each of the factors listed below in order of importance to you in your choice of a new video games console. Number the most important 1, the next 2 and so on.
7 1st Party Games Support
6 3rd Party Games Support
4 Ability to play online
3 Ability to play DVD’s
2 Ability to act as a media centre
5 Design of the console
9 Design of the controller
0 Popularity amongst friends (social aspect)
0 Exclusive games
8 Reputation of the console
1 Other (please state) ………Mod ability

zishan03 said:
10. When Microsoft first entered the video games market with the original Xbox, what were your thoughts on the Xbox brand?

"Hmmm that runs on an MS o/s don't it? Bet that will be hacked to shreds ... wonder what we will be able to do with it?"

zishan03 said:
11. Four years later and with the introduction of the Xbox 360, what are your thoughts of the Xbox brand now?

See previous answer - still relevant with the 360

zishan03 said:
12. Would you buy a console because it is the first to the market with new technology?

No

zishan03 said:
13. If you did not presently own a console, which would you choose from the following and why?

Microsoft Xbox 360 - because of its unleashed modding potential.

zishan03 said:
14. Please use one or two words to describe what you think of the following consoles:

Nintendo Gamecube………………………………………….kids toy
Microsoft Xbox 360…………………………………………..Ultimate Entertainment hub - eventualy
Playstation 2………………………………………………….Sony Hype that never actually comes true
Microsoft Xbox………………………………………………Current best Entertainment box available for the money on ANY platform.

zishan03 said:
Thanking You

No worries :) pleasure to help.

32, male.

Yes

Yes

8-10 hours

20+ years

Ans 7

Playstation 1 - yes Sega Dreamcast - yes
Playstation 2 - yes Microsoft Xbox - yes
Nintendo 64 - yes Microsoft Xbox 360 - yes
Nintendo Gamecube - yes

Xbox. Partly, because xbox live really opened up console gaming. But mostly because I could chip it and use it as a media centre in the living room.

No. As long as it has the features or games that i'm looking for i'll buy it.

Manufacturer of the console (Brand) - 6
1st Party Games Support - 4
3rd Party Games Support - 10
Ability to play online - 1
Ability to play DVD’s - 3
Ability to act as a media centre - 2
Design of the console - 5
Design of the controller - 7
Exclusive games - 9
Reputation of the console - 8

I thought great! Nintendo were going through a rough patch and Sony were dominating. So Microsoft would add some much needed competition. Which could only be god for gamers.

The 360 seems to be building on the strenghts of the xbox. I would have liked to have seen more functionality built into the 360 in relation to media playback and storage.

No

Xbox 360. Its the best console in the market witha great integrated online service.

Nintendo Gamecube…… Nintendo = Great Games (but aimed at the young)
Microsoft Xbox 360……Hi-def gaming comes to the consoles.
Playstation 2………Over-rated but a huge range of game types.
Microsoft Xbox……Still use it daily (for media).

Thank you for taking the time to complete the questionnaire. Unless you have a problem with it, could you please state your gender and age at the bottom of your answers please.

Male, age 35

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. 2-4 hours

4. 16 years (Sega Master system first)

5. 8

6. Did own: PS1, Sega Dreamcast, Microsoft Xbox, Nintendo Gamecube
Now own: Microsoft Xbox 360

7. 360 because of the entertainment (music) features

8. Yes and No. You can see from the range of consoles I've had I don't stick with one. But certain games appeal to me ... Zelda is one of them and that makes me a nintendo follower of sorts, although I am hesitant to get the revolution just yet.

9 ....
(3) 1st Party Games Support
(4) 3rd Party Games Support
(1) Ability to play online
(11) Ability to play DVD’s
(7) Ability to act as a media centre
(8) Design of the console
(9) Design of the controller
(2) Popularity amongst friends (social aspect)
(10) Exclusive games
(6) Reputation of the console

10. Not convinced someone new to the market would be any good. Once playing Live, that blew away all my prejudices.

12. No. I used to think this (think of the Atari Jaguar) but not any more.

13. Xbox 360 ... for the media capabilities

14 ....
Nintendo Gamecube: Good 2nd console. Cheap to get and good range of games. Mario and Zelda are good games, and excellent party games like Mario Kart and Mario Party.
Microsoft Xbox 360: Hi Definition quality games and xbox live. Still a few more good titles needed. Has excellent media capabilites and moreso with possible mods.
Playstation 2: No comment.
Microsoft Xbox: Good budget console with live being a strong seller. Some classic titles still around, and good media capabilities.

31, Male

Anyone else willing to answer, it will only take a few minutes but would be a great help to me.

Thanks for your time.

Zishan

Yes

Yes

4-6 hours,

approx 22 years

10 Very Interested

Playstation 1 Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo 64 Microsoft Xbox 360
Nintendo Gamecube and PSP, GBA, SNES and Megadrive

Currently XBOX for the wealth of titles available for it overall SNES, for making me a hardcore gamer.

Nope. I am a gaming whoare.

1st Party Games Support - 2
3rd Party Games Support -1

Not bothered about the rest!

I liked it,competition is a good thing.

Still like it, really like how you can modify every aspect of Xbox through modding, and M/soft noted this and let you change most things on the 360.

Yes - only to sell on ebay due to shortages ;)

n/a

Nintendo Gamecube - Game shortage
Microsoft Xbox 360 - As Above
Playstation 2 - Colour Grey
Microsoft Xbox - Good machine

Male, 29

Yes

Yes

3. On average how many hours of a week do u spend playing video games?
more than 100 hours

4. How many years have you been playing console videogames?since i was 5 im now 14 u do the math
.................................................. ............................................

5. How interested are you in Video Games?
10 Very Interested

Playstation 1=yep Sega Dreamcast=no
Playstation 2=yep Microsoft Xbox=yep
Nintendo 64=yep Microsoft Xbox 360=not yet
Nintendo Gamecube=yep

7. Out of the consoles you own, which is your favourite and why?Xbox
y becos im used to it and my gamecube is not really the best choice for gaming the xbox has better quality graphics and i use xbox more also becos my ps2 is broken beyond repair

Yes
microsoft consoles rule dont mess with microsoft high quality graphics online play evrything microsoft rulez sony droolz.

Ability to play online
1st Party Games Support
3rd Party Games Support
Ability to play DVD's
Ability to act as a media centre
Design of the console
Design of the controller
Exclusive games
Reputation of the console

i used to think that it was crap because my microsoft computer at the time was crap but i got a new comp then bought xbox and i thort it was amazin couldnt get enuff im deffinatly going to get a 360 soon

Better that all i can say graphicly improved more choice of things to do just amazing

No

Microsoft Xbox becos if i had not previosly owned a console id need to brush up my skills so id buy the xbox cos it seems the easiest console to learn on

Nintendo Gamecube Not Best
Microsoft Xbox 360 Wooo Wooo
Playstation 2 Crap
Microsoft Xbox great Stuff

Male,14

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom