Questionnaire

zishan03

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Is anyone willing to fill out a gaming questionnaire for me to help me with my dissertation, it will only take you like a maximum of 5 minutes.

If you want I can post the questionnaire up in this thread and people just give their feedback as replys, I think people will find each others answers quite interesting.

Thank You in Advance,

Zishan

I'll do one if you want, feel free to pm me.

Hey everyone, I decided to just post it up in the thread to get the maximum amount of feedback, I look forward to your answers and once again, thank you very much.

First of all I want to apologise for the poor layout of the questionnaire, I copied it in from a Word document so all the formatting is not perfect. Secondly I just want to say thank you in advance as this will be a great help to me. It might be easiest for you to just make a list of question numbers and write or answer next to them. Thank You.

1. Have you ever played video games?

Yes No

2. Do you play video games on a regular basis?

Yes No

3. On average how many hours a week do you spend playing video games?
Less then 2 hours, 2-4 hours, 4-6 hours, 6-8 hours, 8-10 hours, 10-12 hours, 12-14 hours, 14-16 hours

4. How many years have you been playing console videogames?
..............................................................................................

5. How interested are you in Video Games? (Please put a circle around the number that matches your view most closely)

10 Very Interested
1 Not at all interested

6. Which of the following consoles do you own?

Playstation 1 Sega Dreamcast
Playstation 2 Microsoft Xbox
Nintendo 64 Microsoft Xbox 360
Nintendo Gamecube

7. Out of the consoles you own, which is your favourite and why?
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……

8. Would you say you are loyal to any particular brand of video games console?

Yes (please state brand and why below) No (please state why below)
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……

9. Please number each of the factors listed below in order of importance to you in your choice of a new video games console. Number the most important 1, the next 2 and so on.

Manufacturer of the console (Brand)
1st Party Games Support
3rd Party Games Support
Ability to play online
Ability to play DVD’s
Ability to act as a media centre
Design of the console
Design of the controller
Popularity amongst friends (social aspect)
Exclusive games
Reputation of the console
Other (please state) …………………………….

10. When Microsoft first entered the video games market with the original Xbox, what were your thoughts on the Xbox brand?

11. Four years later and with the introduction of the Xbox 360, what are your thoughts of the Xbox brand now?

12. Would you buy a console because it is the first to the market with new technology?

Yes No

13. If you did not presently own a console, which would you choose from the following and why?

Nintendo Gamecube Microsoft Xbox 360

14. Please use one or two words to describe what you think of the following consoles:

Nintendo Gamecube………………………………………….
Microsoft Xbox 360…………………………………………..
Playstation 2………………………………………………….
Microsoft Xbox………………………………………………

Thank you for taking the time to complete the questionnaire. Unless you have a problem with it, could you please state your gender and age at the bottom of your answers please.

Thanking You

Zishan

Tetlee said:
I don't mind answering a few questions, as long as you don't subscribe me to any catalogues;)

No need for a double post by the way(although this is the more active section than the PS2 one on the whole): http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2583890#post2583890

I posted it in all the different gaming forums in the hope that the results would provide some conflict. Some people may not visit the X360 forum and may just come for the Nintendo or PS boards if you get what I mean.

Thanks for the advice though, I am going to post up the questionnaire in all the threads.

Zishan

Yes

Yes

10-12 hours

About 20 or so years(can't remeber when we bought that console where you only controlled bats for playing tennis, sqaush and football)

5. How interested are you in Video Games? (Please put a circle around the number that matches your view most closely)

Very Interested

Playstation 2, Microsoft Xbox 360,
Nintendo Gamecube(& a SNES)

Probably the Xbox360, it's the only next gen console at the moment and ontop of the superb graphics, I'm impressed with all of the feautures such as free downloadable demos, Xbox Live arcade etc. very well rounded!

No, I tend to like all of the brands, each console always has it's exclusive classics, hence the reason I usually buy all of them. If I had to choose I'd probably go for Nintendo as they tend to offer up the most original games IMO.

9. Please number each of the factors listed below in order of importance to you in your choice of a new video games console. Number the most important 1, the next 2 and so on.

(12)Manufacturer of the console (Brand)
(5)1st Party Games Support
(6)3rd Party Games Support
(3)Ability to play online
(7)Ability to play DVD’s
(8)Ability to act as a media centre
(1)Design of the console
(4)Design of the controller
(8)Popularity amongst friends (social aspect)
(11)Exclusive games
(10)Reputation of the console
(2)Other (please state) Cost

10. When Microsoft first entered the video games market with the original Xbox, what were your thoughts on the Xbox brand?

It was good to see another competitor enter the fold. Personally I didn't consider buying the original black Xbox as I hated the chunky black look of the thing. I bought one when the Limited Edition Crystal was first released.

11. Four years later and with the introduction of the Xbox 360, what are your thoughts of the Xbox brand?

Sold, it's gone from strength to strength, well impressed, untouchable at the moment for graphics & online play

12. Would you buy a console because it is the first to the market with new technology?

Yes & No(not dependant but it would have an influence if the competition was a long way behind, as with the Xbox360)

13. If you did not presently own a console, which would you choose from the following and why?

On a low budget: Nintendo Gamecube(because it's cheap & has loads of classic games which can be picked up cheap too)
If I could afford: Microsoft Xbox 360(because it's really starting to show what next gen gaming can offer)

14. Please use one or two words to describe what you think of the following consoles:

Nintendo Gamecube……Well Underated
Microsoft Xbox 360……Next Gen
Playstation 2……All Rounder
Microsoft Xbox……Live is born

Had a bit of time on my hands so I had a go at refortmating the questionaire to make it easier for others;)

Yes

Yes

6-10 hours

About 10 years

10 Very Interested

(All of them) Playstation 1 Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo Gamecube

It's a close one, between Dreamcast and N64. Both consoles had truly groundbreaking and enjoyable games, and as a collector the Japanese imports that both machines had made all the difference to me

Nintendo first and foremost, but definitely not exclusively. I particularly like Microsoft's two xboxes

(11)Manufacturer of the console (Brand)
(1)1st Party Games Support
(5)3rd Party Games Support
(6)Ability to play online
(7)Ability to play DVD’s
(8)Ability to act as a media centre
(2)Design of the console
(3)Design of the controller
(9)Popularity amongst friends (social aspect)
(4)Exclusive games
(10)Reputation of the console
(12)Other (please state) Cost

I was always impressed by the xbox. The decision to implement a HDD was very exciting at the time. Glad they changed the original pad tho!

11. Four years later and with the introduction of the Xbox 360, what are your thoughts of the Xbox brand?

Live particularly is the Killer App at the minute. Plus, I love the design of the 360. It's a fantastic machine. Oh, and the dashboard is great.

To be honest, yes. Unless it was too expensive

Gamecube or 360. The games and the technology of both appeal to me

Nintendo Gamecube……N64 Squared (no bad thing ;) )
Microsoft Xbox 360……concave beauty
Playstation 2……socially acceptable
Microsoft Xbox……exceeded expectations

ps good luck with your dissertation :)

Yes

Yes

Less then 2 hours, 2-4 hours, 4-6 hours, 6-8 hours, 8-10 hours, 10-12 hours, 12-14 hours, 14-16 hours

14-16 hours. (not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's that long...)

At least 25 years!

10 Very Interested
1 Not at all interested
9. I have other interests too, but nothing quite like gaming.

+SNES+Jaguar+3DO

The PES5 factor means the Playstation 2 is the console I still spend the most time on. That said, the 360 is a lot easier to use in many ways, and I also spend more time than is healthy on that too.... I'm sorry, but I just can't choose between them at the moment!

No. I can afford more than one console, so I don't see any reason to limit my choice of games.

The games are the most important thing, pure and simple. None of the other things really matter to me (unless they've really messed up the controllers, or something.)

A brand means little to me. I just saw the Xbox as Bill's attempt to snatch a share of the market that Sony had exploited so well.

11. Four years later and with the introduction of the Xbox 360, what are your thoughts of the Xbox brand now?
Much the same, but I think they're more determined than I first thought.. ;)

Yes....No..... Well, I think that's a pretty vague question. Again it depends on the available games and how they exploit the new hardware. Put it this way, I was really interested in the PS2 before it came out, but I didn't actually buy one until Grand Turismo 3 became available. After all, what use is the hardware without decent software?

Xbox360. Because it's the newest. Oh, and because it would allow me to start again with PES5's master league.. ;)

Nintendo Gamecube......Fisher Price.
Microsoft Xbox 360......Food Liquidiser
Playstation 2......Small heater.
Microsoft Xbox......Large brick.
(Oh the joys of a simple mind... ;) )

Sex: Yes please... Sorry, erm... male.

Yes

Yes

10-12 hours

15 years

Microsoft Xbox
Nintendo 64
Microsoft Xbox 360
Nintendo Gamecube

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……360, good all rounder for games, chatting, arcade, watching DVD's, using MCE………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

No

Gamecube has some great games that aren't available on others and vice versa……

9 Manufacturer of the console (Brand)
8 1st Party Games Support
7 3rd Party Games Support
1 Ability to play online
5 Ability to play DVD’s
6 Ability to act as a media centre
Design of the console
3 Design of the controller
2 Popularity amongst friends (social aspect)
4 Exclusive games
10 Reputation of the console

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …microsoft have the money to succeed………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …

for their second console it is amazing

Yes

N/A

Nintendo Gamecube………top games………………………………….
Microsoft Xbox 360……………amazing……………………………..
Playstation 2……………………smells of poo…………………………….
Microsoft Xbox…………………excellent……………………………

Yes

Yes

3. On average how many hours a week do you spend playing video games? 6-8 hours,

18 yrs

10 Very Interested
1 Not at all interested

Nintendo Gamecube

PS1 as its full my fondest gaming moments at University

No (please state why below)
Brand loyalty is favours monopolies and stifles competition hence creativity.

3)1st Party Games Support
2)3rd Party Games Support
7)Ability to play online
11)Ability to play DVD's
9)Ability to act as a media centre
8)Design of the console
6)Design of the controller
10)Popularity amongst friends (social aspect)
5)Exclusive games
4)Reputation of the console
1)Other (please state) Quality of games

Never liked M$ as a company due to its underhand tactics with its competitors so stayed away. Then as the games begun to shine and price dropped i jumped aboard

Much the same, i only have the 360 for its games and i'll judge it based on that.

Yes

Nintendo Gamecube………highly underated
Microsoft Xbox 360………great potential.
Playstation 2…………………had its day but gave me hours of pleasure
Microsoft Xbox………………made redu
ndant far too earlyu by M$ trying to get ahead of the game.

yes

yes

14-16 hours (or more :devil: )

bout six years

10 Very Interested
1 Not at all interested

Nintendo Gamecube

I love my 360 the best because it is a next-generation console and you really cant compare it to anything we have seen before

I never was, but now i like microsoft, because sony seem to lie and never deliver their promises, whereas microsoft do

I answered that above

Manufacturer of the console (Brand)7
1st Party Games Support 8
3rd Party Games Support 9
Ability to play online 1
Ability to play DVD’s 3
Ability to act as a media centre 5
Design of the console 4
Design of the controller 2
Popularity amongst friends (social aspect)10
Exclusive games 6
Reputation of the console 11

I thought why the hell is somebody challenging the play station and sony!!

Now i love microsoft for giving us such a wonderful console that will be better thanb the PS3

Yes and No, depends if it is good technology that i will use and enjoy

Because no other console comes close to being anywhere near as good as it

Nintendo Gamecube Boring, lack of good games
Microsoft Xbox 360amazing loveable
Playstation 2good in its day
Microsoft Xboxhalo, halo 2 are brill games

Thank you for taking the time to complete the questionnaire. Unless you have a problem with it, could you please state your gender and age at the bottom of your answers please.

Yes

Yes

8-10 hours

22 years
..............................................................................................

10 Very Interested
1 Not at all interested

Sega Dreamcast
Playstation 2
Nintendo 64
Microsoft Xbox 360
Nintendo Gamecube

Id say my Japanese Nintendo 64, just for sheer joy of Mario 64 and Waverace.

Id say I was more loyal to Nintendo, even though I do have other consoles
Nintendo have always given me some of my most played and most enjoyed games ever. You cannot beat some Mario / Zelda / Mario Kart / Metroid / kirby etc etc etc...all classic and stunning. If I had to choose one console to play forever, it would be the Nintendo 64.

Ability to play online (2)
Design of the console (4)
Design of the controller (3)
Other (please state) Games that do something new (1)

The design of the original XBOX put me off from the very beginning, it shouted
Microsoft from miles away, so I stayed clear for a while, and also I had a PS2 at the time and the few quality games coming out on there were good enough. I have never really played Halo etc which are xbox exclusives, so there is a good call for having the console, I just never got around to it.

I bought a 360 on the 1st day of release (I was one of the lucky ones to get a pre-order). The brand itself is a lot sleeker and redefined now, but I think it has been damaged by the earlier chaos in the console and the even worse peripheral shortages. When reading about the 360 in the build up to release I was drawn in by the whole online aspect, which has almost come to fruition now. Its not as good as they wanted to put across, the slowness of demos being released, or old demos being released which are so bugged that you cant complete them (kong) doesnt help with the overall service, but I cannot complain about any problems playing online so far. There was a slight problem with Dead or Alive 4 and its lag situation, but that seemed to calm down after a while. Overall the brand is good in my eyes.

No

Nintendo Gamecube, for games which take you into another world. Zelda / Mario.

Nintendo Gamecube : cool console
Microsoft Xbox 360 : Good so far
Playstation 2 : Good console
Microsoft Xbox : Good console

Male / 29 years old

Thanking You

Zishan[/QUOTE]

Thanks to everyone who has completed the questionnaire so far, i'm almost half way there in the amount I need, so come on guys, it will only take a few minutes.

Zishan

Yes

Yes

8-10 hours

.................................................. ............................................

10 Very Interested
8 <----This one
1 Not at all interested

Nintendo 64 Microsoft Xbox 360 <----This one
Nintendo Gamecube

XBox 360 is the first console I've actually bought. Played PC games for years though (Counterstrike :D) . Have played on all theo ther consoles leading up to the 360 but never bothered buying one until now.

No

Brand loyalty is utterly stupid. I would allign myself with the best product - whoever makes it. Loyalty to profit making entities is only fruitful for the entities themselves! Why buy a bad product just because you like the brand? If people stopped buying the rubbish that some companies put out, they'd quickly stop making rubbish. :)

1st Party Games Support
3rd Party Games Support
Ability to play online <----5
Ability to play DVD's
Ability to act as a media centre <---- 6
Design of the console <----3
Design of the controller <----4
Exclusive games
Reputation of the console <---- 1
Other (please state) &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;. Good games! 2
Other (please state) &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.

It's a PC in a small ugly box...? So what?

Love it! they have moved away from the PCness and made something that is home entertainment and can sit proudly in the living room.

Yes if it was any good.

N/A

Nintendo Gamecube&#8230;&#8230;Dead
Microsoft Xbox 360&#8230;&#8230;Love it
Playstation 2&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;old hat
Microsoft Xbox&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;Ugly

Male / 27

Thanking You

Zishan

1. YES.
2. YES.
3. 4-6 Hours.
4. 25 years (not constantly though). ;)
5. 8
6. XBox, XBox 360
7. XBox. It's chipped, and has a 250Gb hard drive full of ROMS. :devil: "Out of the box though", non modded, the 360.
8. No, I'm loyal to the games and my wallet.
9. Order of importance.
<01> 3rd Party Games Support
<02> 1st Party Games Support
<03> Ability to play online
<04> Exclusive games
<05> Design of the controller
<06> Design of the console
<07> Reputation of the console
<08> Ability to act as a media centre
<09> Ability to play DVD's
<10> Popularity amongst friends (social aspect)
<11> Manufacturer of the console (Brand)

10. Great, Blue Screen of Death... Coming soon to a TV near you.
11. They stuck with it, and provided one of the best online experiences any videogame console has ever seen.
12. No. I buy it because of the games.
13. XBox 360. Reason: Live!
14. 2 Words
Nintendo Gamecube - Short Fun.
Microsoft Xbox 360 - Live Rules.
Playstation 2 - Chav Console
Microsoft Xbox - Chip Now.

Male. 33.

Horness.

Come on guys, its the weekend, unwind and fill in the questionnaire.

Zishan

Yes

Yes

12-14 hours

30, starting with a binatone console back in the 70's

10 Very Interested
1 Not at all interested

Nintendo Gamecube

The 360 because it is at the vangaurd of the HD revolution that will redefine the video experience for ever, in the same way that CD ushered in digital music and inevitably to the "iPod"isation of personal media.

What I want from my console is a great game experience, to use the internet to deliver updates and online play as well as play my media. The 360 delivers where the Playstation3 just promises.

No (please state why below)

Simple - I will buy the best solution. It needs to be an all round package, not just a shiny console, but online support and infrastructure investment. Microsoft are way ahead of the game in that department.

Sony is a hardware company at heart but the trouble is that without software, your hardware is as useful as a stone. The PS3 will need a lot of software - it's ambitions are way beyond being just a games machine.

If Sony actually end up making the PS3 in it's full incarnation of Digital TV PVR, BluRay and games console all in one and manage to flog it for under £700 I will probably get one as well.

2)1st Party Games Support
4)3rd Party Games Support
3)Ability to play online
7)Ability to play DVD’s
5)Ability to act as a media centre
Design of the console
Design of the controller
6)Popularity amongst friends (social aspect)
Exclusive games
1)Other (please state) High Def output

Cool, but the box was too big. I'd played games on PC's for years, it was about time someone made a game-centred pc. Sorry, console :D

Impressed. Comittment, investment and a clear vision of how the console/gaming/media experience should be.

Yes

N/a

Nintendo Gamecube…………………………kids
Microsoft Xbox 360………………………….next gen
Playstation 2……………………………………toy
Microsoft Xbox…………………………………ugly

Male/42

Thanking You

Yes No

Yes No

20 full Earth orbits around the Sun. First taste in gaming were 3D Tomytronics and Nintys Game & Watch series.

10 Very Interested
1 Not at all interested

Nintendo Gamecube

360 is my favourite because it is simply a brilliant console. The wealth of features available surpasses any other console before it. &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;

Pretty pointless really&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;

Manufacturer of the console (Brand) 7
1st Party Games Support 1
3rd Party Games Support 1
Ability to play online 1
Ability to play DVD's 10
Ability to act as a media centre 6
Design of the console 7
Design of the controller 3
Popularity amongst friends (social aspect) 10
Exclusive games 4
Reputation of the console 6
Other (please state) must have Sega games &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.
Other (please state) and other arcade gaming&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.

Nothing unique about it initially but didn't really have the money to buy one! &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;

Almost complete, needs some triple A titles for the 360. Hopefully see some more innovations too.&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; &#8230;&#8230;

Yes No

Because it would most suit my gaming requirements.

Nintendo Gamecube&#8230;niche&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.
Microsoft Xbox 360&#8230;sensation&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;..
Playstation 2&#8230;past its sell by date&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.
Microsoft Xbox&#8230;ugly!&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;

Male
28 years

Ok, last bump guys, if you got a spare minute it would help me alot if you filled this out.

Thanks

Zishan

Gowon then - I'm bored and trawling through here, and came across this :D ;)

Yes (still rubbish at them though LOL)

Yes

Varies, but on average 4-6 hours

Since 'Pong' - 20 odd years...

Microsoft Xbox
Microsoft Xbox 360

Given that I bought the 360 to replace the 'box, I'd be a bit upset if it hadn't been better... ;)

Scarily, yes :oops:
Hadn't really thought about it before, but I've never really even considered buying anything to sit alongside my xbox - until the 360 came along, anyway...

11st Party Games Support
23rd Party Games Support
3Ability to play online
Ability to play DVD’s
Ability to act as a media centre
Design of the console
Design of the controller
Exclusive games

Those not in the top 3 - couldn't really care about, sorry!

Wasn't really paying much attention at the time, as I had 'migrated' to playing game on PCs.
Then got fed up with the whole constant upgrade cycle and bought an Xbox purely to play Halo on - and didn't look back :cool:

'Xbox' is probably more of a household name than 'MicroSoft' these days.
I think the marketing team certainly earnt their pay :)

Need a 'depends' here LOL
If the new tech was something I was really, really wanting or waiting for, then yes.
If not - nope.

Microsoft Xbox 360 - if I had the cash, simply cos it's stunning :D
Xbox - if I was on a budget, simply because of Halo / Halo2

Nintendo Gamecube - for kids isn't it??
Microsoft Xbox 360 - the daddy :D
Playstation 2 - Linux for consoles ;)
Microsoft Xbox - Halo & Halo2 :D

too old (39), bloke :)

Good luck!

Hey everyone, I decided to just post it up in the thread to get the maximum amount of feedback, I look forward to your answers and once again, thank you very much.

First of all I want to apologise for the poor layout of the questionnaire, I copied it in from a Word document so all the formatting is not perfect. Secondly I just want to say thank you in advance as this will be a great help to me. It might be easiest for you to just make a list of question numbers and write or answer next to them. Thank You.

Yes

Yes

6-8 hours

10 Very Interested
1 Not at all interested

Nintendo Gamecube

Dreamcast, PS2, XBox, Gamecube, XBox 360

XBox 360. Move into higher definition makes existing franchises such as PGR, DOA4, Ridge Racer, Fight Night etc.. more enjoyable to play than their counterparts on older consoles. XBox Live Arcade is extremely good.

No

(please state why below)

I buy consoles based on the games that are available or going to be available for them, this results in the purchase of consoles from each of the hardware manufacturers.

Manufacturer of the console (Brand) No importance to me
1st Party Games Support 3
3rd Party Games Support 1
Ability to play online No importance to me
Ability to play DVD’s 6
Ability to act as a media centre No importance to me
Design of the console No importance to me
Design of the controller 4
Popularity amongst friends (social aspect) 7
Exclusive games 2
Reputation of the console 5

Seemed an unusual step for Microsoft due to the success of Sony, but the previews of the hardware and games were impressive resulting in a strong 'PC style' games brand. I couldn't wait for UK release so imported a US one.

Initial releases on the 360 seemed primarily to be racers and FPS style games, much like the original XBox was. Further releases seem to strengthen this association. There have been other genres of course, but those are what I primarily associate with XBox.

Yes

XBox 360. HD gaming.

Nintendo Gamecube Sadly unappreciated
Microsoft Xbox 360 HD gaming.
Playstation 2 Mass market
Microsoft Xbox Great launch game

Male, 32

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom