1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

qUESTION

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MATT JENNER, May 20, 2003.

1. MATT JENNER

MATT JENNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    HI
    Despite being CRT , i had a look at a SANYO,
    i was doing a tour in Dublin where one of these were being used to give history of the Jamesons whisky factory.

The presentation started, the screen was 9 foot 4:3 , the picture looked like someone had thrown a bottle of blue ink accross it.
    it was a blue stain that run out from the side into the middle of the picture, that along with 23 pixel drop outs, made the picture look crap.
    what i would like to know is, what the blue stain is ? and what causes it, (hopefully not the ususal dust on the lcd chip)

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Matt,

Hope you had a good time in Dublin..... I've never been on the tour you mentioned (but have been known to imbibe the sadi Jamesons excellent whisky !). My experience of seeing pjs in these sorts of environments/circumstances is that they've been universally woeful. The blue stain you mention could be light damaged optics - sometimes these projectors are turned on in the morning and off before they close ofr the evening, leading very difficult lives. I think if the effect was as obvious as it sounds form your post, than it's unlikely to have been dust.

Why the curiousity ??? Are you thinking of "defecting" :D :D ??

All the best,

Sean G.

3. MATT JENNER

MATT JENNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanx for the post,
    i was just interested as to what can cause something like this, in answer to your question will i defect,
    of course i will once the picture quality gets there, ithey are so easy to set up, and keep set up, but the trouble is my room is 12 foot sq, so i can see the pixels on a 8 ft screen, even with dlp i can still see the pixelation, although i have to admit they are getting tonnes better.
    so it is a matter of time.