• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question

Pootah

Banned
Have a Panasonic PWD6 Plasma 42" love it - have had it for over two years .. still going strong amazing screen ... just ordered SkyHD - do I buy new HD screen now, or wait until I ned to ...

Please advise, as I will be runnig my 360 and SkyHD through component on the PWD6 ...

If I had to change which model of display would you recommend, as I have a bracket that my display is using - so hopefully I wouldn't have to go out and buy one again , just use the one I have - but which display

Any advice would be appreciated

Pootah:D

Pootah

Banned
As I have to say that seeing that my PWD6 is over two years old the image is amazing , I mean my mate has a Samsung HD screen , and every time he is down he looks at my screen and says the picture quality is amazing for a SD plasma .. well worth the £2700 I paid back then ...

Hopefuly when I get SkyHD installed August 29th, I will get the box with HDMI and Component as I want to run SkyHD through my new Sony amp component way.

So you think I should stick with want I have and wait .. and I'll be happy with the HD on my PWD6 - interesting appreciate your advice ..
:thumbsup:

shb77

Suppose the obvious choice would be a PHD8 - they are great value at the moment.

I have a PW4 that has done about 8000 hours and the picture is still fantastic :clap:

I too am thinking about getting a PHD8 (seems like excellent value a the moment) but I am wondering how much better it is going to be. I will probably get a scaler of some sort and eventually get sky HD.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
I'd honestly keep your display and wait until 1080p panels come out. 720p is awesome on your current screen :thumbsup:

My PWD6 has been paired with a scaler and the picture is fantastic. :)

Pootah

Banned
Really appreciate all your advice ... on ething though want is a scaler and do I require one and how much are they

Regards again

Pootah

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom