1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question...

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Xbox360_Junkie, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Xbox360_Junkie

Xbox360_Junkie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

Can anybody shine any light on the following description. It's in regard to hooking up a progressive scan DVD player.

"Fans wanting to get progressive scan DVD pictures into the screen will have to use an adapter which comes with the VGA PC Input".

I am aware that the home cinema system I am after features PAL Progressive scan, and i believe it will connect to the back of the LCD screen via an RGB enabled scart. I really dont understand though how i could hook it all up with progressive scan, for a much better picture.

regards and thankyou in advance

2. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    SCART sockets typically won't accept Progressive scan signals. Does the TV not have dedicated Component inputs? What model of TV is it?

3. Xbox360_Junkie

Xbox360_Junkie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, its the Toshiba 32WL56...

i know the Denon DHT-500SD home cinema system i am looking at features a single RGB scart connection, and it also contains Progressive-Scan Circuitry which is what i want to get the best possible picture out of the HD ready LCD screen. You see, ill hopefully have the xbox 360 hooked up via the HDMI input. which leaves me with two scart sockets, one being RGB enabled, the other being just normal. I must be able to do something, the screen won the group test in this months issue of What Plasma and LCD. Thats where i got the above description from.

EDIT:

According to the Toshiba website, the screen has these connections:

HDMI
    Component video: Via PC Input
    RGB: 1
    SCART: 2
    Front/side AV input
    PC Input
    S - Video Input
    Headphone

Hope this helps

regards

4. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,401
    It doesn't have a dedicated component input. You need to get either a component to VGA cable or adapter and connect the Denon to the PC VGA connection. That is one of the drawbacks of the Toshiba TV's.

5. Xbox360_Junkie

Xbox360_Junkie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for your reply

I do believe the Screen comes with the adapter your thinking of. Just another question if that's ok? Will the Denon be connected to my TV via RGB scart aswel, or just via the AVG PC input? And also, if it does just connect via the AVG PC input, would the adapter i need be a SCART to AVG PC INPUT?

regards

6. hardiz

hardiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I don't think the 360 is going to have a HDMI, just component and VGA I think...