1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Time Election Special - Anyone watch this?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Apr 29, 2005.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

Did anyone else watch the "Question Time Election Special" last night on BBC1 (8:30-10pm)? If you did, I'd love to hear what you thought. If you didn't, you missed one of the funniest bits of British TV in ages! :rotfl:

You missed:
    - Tony Blair being boo'd as he came on stage to be interviewed
    - TB being accosted by three audience members (of the general public) at the end of the show.
    - Security Guards walking on screen, just as the final credits rolled, in case TB was about to be hit, injured or killed by an assassin.
    - TB being heckled by the audience
    - TB being heckled by David Dimbleby!
    - TB being called a "liar", a "coward" and a "cheat" by the audience.
    - Michael Howard being a hypocrit about the issue of immigration
    - MH saying that a fair system of immigration would mean having a cut-off point. (Duh! Any system that has a cut-off point, can't be fair now, can it?! :rolleyes: )
    - MH failing to answer most of the questions
    - Charles Kennedy getting a hearty round of applause by the audience, and a near standing ovation at the end of his questions.

This was a superbly funny show, and I'm so glad I was able to watch it! Priceless TV! :clap:

Pooch

2. domtheone

domtheone
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,501
    Yep interesting stuff (and funny in places too like you say)

How many times did Dimbleby ask Blair about Bronw being Prime Minister :)

I think there was only one guy who came out of it with some credibility, although, we won't be seeing him in Downing Street in a week..

3. William123

William123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    B liar sweated profously throughout his spot which reminded me of the Richard Nixon interview some years ago.

The innocent act of astonishment when challeneged about the 48 hours appointment scam was priceless too, as he and that patronising bast**d John Reid had been told of this practice some months earlier.

4. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +550
    That is exactly what I was thinking...although we have no JFK as an alternative so more Blair for another 4 years

5. merlynn

merlynn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you stop and think about that program it must be quite a worry that one of these guys will be running the country in a weeks time !!!!!!!

6. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +9,316
    Also all three party leaders were supposed to have been on together, but Tony Blair refused.

7. Moosh

Moosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +469
    Damn, I missed this. It was something I wanted to watch but just slipped my mind! :( Anyone know if the BBC have a download of it?

8. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I did have, but erased it - sorry :confused:

I must say that the only leader who seemed calm and at piece with his policies was Charles Kennedy. The other two appeared to be untrustworthy slimeballs that epitomise why no one trusts politicians. If Tony Blair get's back in power, then it proves that no matter what kind of mistakes a leader has done, they can still win.
    I sometimes think that there are too many "I have always voted for them and will do so again" or "I will vote for this party as they represent my kind of people, even though I have no idea about their polocies" mentalities. In my constituancy they could put a jellyfish in for labour ant Labour would still win...

Sorry about that rant - I want a televised all three leaders debate like in the US - I wonder why Tony Blair refused??? ;)

Russell

9. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,514
    If you want to watch the program again it can be seen here.

10. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,205
    I agree. Sadly though he's blotted his copy book recently by urging (locally) Labour voters to vote Lib dem not to let the Tories in, then bemoaning nationaly Labour saying exactly the same thing. Proof that all Politicans are slimeballs, but some can be honest when they know there's no chance of winning.

I'm also wary of the honesty of "question time" after a mate of mine who's quite high up in his party, told me his lot 'packs', with their youth organisations members, the audience at every QT. With the BBC's conivence, as it's not allowed. As he's the former deputy head of the YC's you can work out his allegance for yourselves........ ;)