1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question regarding using 52x CD-R media on 8x CD-Writer

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by reservoir51, Apr 2, 2005.

1. reservoir51

reservoir51

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd be grateful if someone could answer the above query.
    I've got an old 8x CD-Writer which is still wonderfully functional. However, since CDR media these days have moved on to 52x, I was wondering if such 52x media could work on older CD-Writers such as mine writing at speeds significantly slower than 52x (i.e. 8x in my case). I believe manufacturers of CD media usually state that their high-speed media shouldn't be used on 1x CD-Writers, but what about speeds of 4x or above?

Cheers,
    reservoir51

2. dekoded

dekoded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I don't see it being a problem, after all most burning software allows you to choose a slower speed to burn the cd/dvd at, in fact it is normally better to burn at slower speeds as it can make the burned 'pits' more defined which means less error correcting needs to be done when reading the disc.
    The cd multichanger in my car refuses to play cd's burned at high speed !, but if I burn slower they play fine :smashin:

3. reservoir51

reservoir51

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, thanks for the info Johnnie. :smashin:

Cheers,
    reservoir51

4. dekoded

dekoded

Products Owned: