Question regarding Turtle Beach X41s

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by BigBee, Nov 28, 2010.

1. BigBee

BigBee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    <TABLE id=post13524616 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c0c0c0 1px solid" id=td_post_13524616 class=alt1>Hi chaps

I'm thinking about buying a pair of TB X41s (from Tescos like the above poster, they're £ 120ish at the mo) and have a couple of questions.

I have one of the slim 250gb 360s so would connect the TB wireless gizmo directly to that via the optical output, my 360 is connected to my AV amp via HDMI. I would only use the X41s either early in the morning or late at night, so as not to annoy the missus - the rest of the time I would use my normal surround setup and the MS headset for chatting.

My question is, when not using the X41s and they were switched off would the sound automatically be routed through my AV amp and surround speakers or would I have to mess around unplugging the optical lead from the back of the 360?

Other than that my only other hesitation comes from reports regarding interference from wireless routers etc, my router would be about 10 foot or so away from the TB wireless gizmo.

Thanks for any replies anyone, much appreciated.
    <!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #c0c0c0 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #c0c0c0 1px solid" class=alt2>[​IMG] [​IMG] </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #c0c0c0 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #c0c0c0 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #c0c0c0 1px solid" class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. sdb123

sdb123
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    The 360 will output audio over multiple outputs simultaneously, so when using the X41's just don't have your amp on (or on but muted/not turned up).

:smashin:

3. BigBee

BigBee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    OK great, so it works the same the other way round - turn the Turtle Beaches off and the sound will output through my A V amp / surround speakers only?

Cheers

4. sdb123

sdb123
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    The sound will go to both at the same time....if you leave one switched off you can listen to the other one (and vice versa). :smashin:

5. BigBee

BigBee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Great, thanks guys :D

6. maverick177uk

maverick177uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,489
    I'm having a problem with mine at the moment they work fine through the headphones but no sound comes out of the amp, Ive tried it with the headphones switched off and on, anyone got any ideas? I've got optical from xbox to headphone unit, then another optical to my amp. When I play upstairs I have my amp switched off, when downstairs I have it on for the picture via hdmi through amp and the optical for sound but no sound?