Question regarding Richter & AWA speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by lukeiamyofatha, May 2, 2007.

1. lukeiamyofatha

lukeiamyofatha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If anyone can help me I would very much appreciate it.

I have a pair of Richter "merlin" speakers. These speakers are australian and at the time they came out in the 80's they made "speaker of the year"
    I cannot find anything on the net in regard to the speaker specs so if you know them please let me know.

I also have a massive pair of AWA brand omnidirectional speakers that look to be from either the late late 60's or early 70's and need some specs for them.

They are 1 metre high by .5 x.5m and have a total of 7 drivers in each box.
    There are 2 drivers at top front, then 1 driver on each side at the top. An upward facing tweeter is below the 2 front drivers then at the bottom there is a low frequency driver facing downwards.
    Looking into the wide open port you can see the baffle has intricate designs in the way the enclosure has been tuned.
    AWA is also australian and used to stand for Almalgamated Wireless Australia Ltd and over the years they have been responsible for many public sound reinforcement installations such as the high court of australia and they also made the original microphone used by dignitaries 75 years ago during the opening ceremonies of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
    Any info most welcomed on these 2 pair of speakers.