Question regarding ps5 set up

dimmockg

Hi all, had a look through some of the topics to see if my questions have already been answered - I believe in part they have. Anyway here goes...

Source:
PS5 disc

TV:
samsung qe55q6fnatxxu

Audio:
Sonos Beam Gen2

I have the ps5 into the TV and the sonos into the arc port on the TV

I've fiddled around with the settings and cannot for the life of me get the ps5 to output at atmos via the TV to the soundbar

PS5 options on 4k films is there but 'only if output device is supported' - so that seems OK

Up the chain I move to TV output and anything other than PCM or Bitstream is greyed out - it does stated to select to digital plus for the atmos output option but it's completely greyed out

All cables are the ones supplied with the respective products (so assume meant to do the job).

Am I right in thinking my tv (2018 model) is the potential limiting factor here as it has no earc?

Thanks

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
Hi all, had a look through some of the topics to see if my questions have already been answered - I believe in part they have. Anyway here goes...

Am I right in thinking my tv (2018 model) is the potential limiting factor here as it has no earc?

Thanks

I would say so.

dimmockg

I've just found a very useful table of comparison for tvs on rtings, "happy" to confirm tv is limiting factor

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom