Question regarding Philips DVD 963SA

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by imnotamartian, Dec 1, 2002.

1. imnotamartian

imnotamartian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I've had the 963SA for about a month now and I must say I'm very happy with it.
    But, I have noticed an annoyance... When playing CDs through the analog outs there is no signal to the sub (I've made sure the output is set to multichannel). This is easily remedied of course by simply using the digital out, but then I can't use upsampling!
    As I've understood it there is a way to activate the upsampling on the digital out, but is there any good reason why you can't get the sub-signal through the analog connections (when playing CDs)?

Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance,
    Peter

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can use digital out for upsampling, just set your upsampling to 96Khz/24-bit rather than 192/24-bit.

There is a very good reason you can't use a sub in stereo - stereo is a L/R pair, there is no 3rd feed for a woofer.

If your sub has a high level connector (such as REL Neutrik) use that instead.

3. imnotamartian

imnotamartian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, that makes sense.