Question regarding ipad pro 10.5 fast charger

marvi0

Hello, does anyone have experience with ipad pro 10.5, fast charging. I can see lots of chargers, that range from 12w to 87W chargers. Am I right to assume that any charger from 29w and upwards, should charge my ipad pro fast? I have come across a Apple 61W USB-C Power Adapter (A1718) and Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter (A1719), so should I assume that the 87W one, will charger my ipad pro 10.5 much faster?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Yes, you're correct that any charger from 29W and up with USB-C output will fast charge your 10.5” iPad Pro using the Apple or MFI certified USB-C to Lightning cable but the 87W adaptor won't charge any quicker than the 61W one.
The iPad will regulate the charge current.

marvi0

Yes, you're correct that any charger from 29W and up with USB-C output will fast charge your 10.5” iPad Pro using the Apple or MFI certified USB-C to Lightning cable but the 87W adaptor won't charge any quicker than the 61W one.
The iPad will regulate the charge current.
Many thanks. Oddly enough picked up a 61w charger from cex, for just under £22, yet the 30w charger from apple themselves is £50!

marvi0

Just to update. The 61w charger I picked up from cex, chargers the ipad pro 10.5 really fast. It charged the ipad which had about 40%,to full in about 50 minutes.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom