Question Question regarding Drones

avigyan

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a student trying to understand drone technology. I have a question :
Suppose there are more than one drone flying in an area, then how do I identify my drone. Is there an identification number that is sent periodically by the drone or the pilot?

Regards,
Avigyan.

I think there is a digital code locked between the drone and the remote and visa versa, so it does'nt interfere with other drones in the area. When you bind your handset to the drone , this sets up the coding.I can bind any 1 of my Flying 3d's for instance to any Flying 3D handset using "bind" ,but it wont let me bind more than 1 handset to 1 drone at the same time. It's a unique 2 way lock.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Do we have to use any number as a code for "binding".

Regards,
Avigyan.

The binding is done using the software ,we have no control over the coding , ie ,you cannot simply type in a code number .

Unlike older analogue radio control systems, digital systems are "bound" together during manufacture and only need re-binding if parts are replaced or the radio system reset. The process involves putting the receiver into "bind" mode - usually by linking a jumper or by plugging it into a PC and then turning on the transmitter and initiating the "bind" process on this as well.

The radio system uses a frequency hopping or spread spectrum radio system, so thousands of radio system can coexist at the same time. Range is up to about 2KM, depending upon the radio system.

Some very basic and cheap drones use a cut down system and bind automatically every time you switch them on. I have some little micro drones that do this and you just need to make sure you turn one on at a time. Some even more basic indoor drones use infra-red - like a TV remote control.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom