• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Regarding Curse Of The Golden Flower(US BD)

Steve McQueef

Distinguished Member
The original pressing of Sony's Curse Of The Golden Flower was locked to Region A. Can anyone confirm that a later pressing is Region Free?

I believe that Sony have stated previously that although some new titles would be initially region locked, additional pressings would be region free. That's why I'm wondering about this particular movie.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

MWP1985

Prominent Member
I'd quite like to see this one on Blu-ray as well since it never had a high-def release in the UK.

Steve McQueef

Distinguished Member
There's a Spanish release that's both Region B and English friendly, but it's a ludicrous price to import. It was nearly £40 delivered!

TheBiggestLie

Established Member
Realised the copy I bought last October (only got round to loading it up yesterday) was Region A locked. Can't see a Region B version anywhere. How the hell is Blu-Ray going to take off if they don't actually release films on the darn thing. And when they do, they region lock it? Took over a year for Transformers to come out on Blu-Ray, and I'm still waiting for Stardust, and CoTGF apparently :mad:

It's enough to make anyone a pirate. I hope you're taking notes Sony

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
It's enough to make anyone a pirate. I hope you're taking notes Sony

It is not just down to Sony though is it. There are many companies in the BDA and some are just as big if not bigger than Sony.

You have to remember that the format is only barely two years old. There is more Blu Rays than there was DVD after two years. Some films won't be released until the number of players increase substantiously.

TheBiggestLie

Established Member
It is not just down to Sony though is it. There are many companies in the BDA and some are just as big if not bigger than Sony.

You have to remember that the format is only barely two years old. There is more Blu Rays than there was DVD after two years. Some films won't be released until the number of players increase substantiously.

Yeah, it's not just Sony. But you'd think if they were able to release CoTGF on one region, they'd follow up with another one pretty easily. It's frustrating waiting for these companies getting their fat behinds in gear.

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Yeah, it's not just Sony. But you'd think if they were able to release CoTGF on one region, they'd follow up with another one pretty easily. It's frustrating waiting for these companies getting their fat behinds in gear.

A film released in one country can be released in another country by another distributor.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom