Question regarding booster/3rd dose eligibility & booking

AMPedAnt

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether the ability to book a vaccine appointment on the website means I am going to receive a 3rd dose/booster?
Does it only allow you to book if you are eligible for it or can you book it regardless?

I am classed as somewhat vulnerable since I got my vaccines earlier than it was opened up to my age range. Ultimately I will be waiting for my GP to invite me to go there to get it if I can but it would be nice to know whether or not I will.

It only allows you to book it if you're eligible for it. With the caveat that it may let you book it for a few days earlier than your 6 months minimum limit. Make sure you pick a date of at least 6 months and you shouldn't have any problems when you get there (some people have been turned away for being "too early")

I thought as much, thank you IronGiant.

I won't be booking it via the website anyway as the vaccination centres available are places I can't get to. It was a thought I had the other day as at the beginning of December it will have been 6 months since I had my 2nd dose.

Could try your luck with a walk-in

Worked for me last Monday - looked it up after 3pm, found a nearby venue closing at 7pm, went around 5pm, didn't have to wait long. This was just hours after the 40-49 booster announcement.

Yes, but if I remember correctly, you admitted you had to use your boyish good looks and natural charm to sweet talk the nurses! :D

Yes, but if I remember correctly, you admitted you had to use your boyish good looks and natural charm to sweet talk the nurses! :D

Could be that :) ... but they're perhaps a bit more pragmatic at these places

I thought as much, thank you IronGiant.

I won't be booking it via the website anyway as the vaccination centres available are places I can't get to. It was a thought I had the other day as at the beginning of December it will have been 6 months since I had my 2nd dose.
I didn’t see any big vax centres in the list when I booked.

It was all local pharmacies and other small venues.

I think they’re continuing to add new locations/slots, ready for officially announcing booking is available to 40-49 year olds.

So it might be worth having a look again to see if anything new has arrived.

Does anyone know whether the ability to book a vaccine appointment on the website means I am going to receive a 3rd dose/booster?
Does it only allow you to book if you are eligible for it or can you book it regardless?

I am classed as somewhat vulnerable since I got my vaccines earlier than it was opened up to my age range. Ultimately I will be waiting for my GP to invite me to go there to get it if I can but it would be nice to know whether or not I will.

'Somewhat vulnerable' isn't a category for a third primary dose I don't think. It is very specific. Blood cancers and solid organ transplants.

You should be able to get your booster though. In all honesty, they are pretty much the same thing. The terminology differs (3rd dose/booster) as those of us who did receive a third primary dose should receive a booster six months after.

Booked mine and the wife’s this morning I’m 49 she’s 46.

Could try your luck with a walk-in

Worked for me last Monday - looked it up after 3pm, found a nearby venue closing at 7pm, went around 5pm, didn't have to wait long. This was just hours after the 40-49 booster announcement.
I just tried this and it only offered me places further away (23.6 miles vs 10.5 miles), plus the it states you require a letter that I do not have.

'Somewhat vulnerable' isn't a category for a third primary dose I don't think. It is very specific. Blood cancers and solid organ transplants.

You should be able to get your booster though. In all honesty, they are pretty much the same thing. The terminology differs (3rd dose/booster) as those of us who did receive a third primary dose should receive a booster six months after.
I class myself as somewhat vulnerable because the NHS does while I don't particularly. I only had minor open heart surgery to repair a defect and feel 100% now. I wouldn't class myself in the same category as my sister and mother who are both definitely at risk.

I guess it is a booster I will receive, the applicable terminology to use was not really something I really thought about. It was a piece on the Beeb news that made me check it out.

I just tried this and it only offered me places further away (23.6 miles vs 10.5 miles), plus the it states you require a letter that I do not have.
I just put in my postcode and found a place a mile from home. I did not book, I just went there at 5pm and it had a sign outside saying appointments and walk-ins (no appointments). Went in, was asked what I was there for and I said booster walk-in, then queued for just a few minutes to then check-in with my details - gave my NHS number and they had my full Covid vaccination record. A few minutes later I was waiting in the hall to be jabbed. Wasn't much of wait, a few minutes while booked jabs took place, then I was up.

I guess it is just due to the locality where I live that there are no places locally and within easy reach.

In the time that has passed I have received a text message informing me both that I am indeed eligible and will receive a booster rather than a 3rd dose, not that this really matters any more with the Omicrom (Persei 8, those that know will get it!) variant and all adults therefore getting a booster.

I guess it is just due to the locality where I live that there are no places locally and within easy reach.

In the time that has passed I have received a text message informing me both that I am indeed eligible and will receive a booster rather than a 3rd dose, not that this really matters any more with the Omicrom (Persei 8, those that know will get it!) variant and all adults therefore getting a booster.
LOL, Omicron Persei 8 - I've been saying that to myself too, in his voice 😜

Just booked a booster dose this morning for me and my wife on Tuesday at a chemists shop Just around the corner from where we live. We both have had covid and it's now 28 days since we were infected and are now allowed to book

Quick update for y'all.

I was able to book and had my booster at a local pharmacy in town on the 18th December but the system managed to fudge up and book 3 people per 1 appointment, luckily I was only had to wait for 30 minutes. The poor woman who was greeting people was increasingly losing her will to live in the half hour I was there.

LOL, Omicron Persei 8 - I've been saying that to myself too, in his voice 😜
I'm glad someone got it :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom