1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question: Recording Xbox gameplay on dvd recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by waxeyes, Dec 20, 2004.

1. waxeyes

waxeyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panasonic Tau wide screen HD tv and I have a digital cable box. I recently bought a Panasonic DMR-E55 dvd recorder. I want to be able to record my Halo 2 multiplayer gameplay on dvd. I tried doing this by hooking the xbox directly into the dvd recorder and then the recorder into the tv. But going directly into the recorder with the xbox causes gameplay slowdown.

When I have my xbox hooked into the back of the tv, I experience normal gameplay. It's only when I go direct into the dvd that it slows down. Is there any other way of recording my games on the recorder without going xbox to dvd to tv? Can I keep the xbox hooked into the tv along with the digital cable box and the dvd and just record what's on the screen?

My tv inputs are broken down this way:

TV
    Component 1 (digital cable)
    Component 2 (xbox)
    HDMI
    Video 1
    Video 2
    Video 3
    Video 4

How would I get the dvd recorder to know to record component 2?
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm not very technical. :)

2. busterdan

busterdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I know exactly what you mean.... I tried the same with my Xbox and Targa DVDR.... the slow down made for some interesting game play :)

I dunno about your connections...and I haven't tried this myself... but my Xbox video cable consists of a Yellow composite, red and white (L/R) audio and a single S-Video cable... I guess I could run the S-Video cable to the DVDR and run the composite directly to the TV...

Then set the source on the DVDR to S-Video and play the game directly on the TV using Composite in.