question re: Panasonic DMR-EH50 recording

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by photogman, Jan 5, 2007.

1. photogman

photogman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First time poster here.......I've noticed in the past when I push the record button to start recording a program(s) to my hard drive, later on when I return to the tv and check the recording it shows where it stopped and started the recording process several times rather than let's say one continuous recording session that would last 8 hours (all night basically) it would show it as maybe 3 or 4 different sessions. What can I do to prevent that? The Rifleman is coming up on the Encore Western Channel running back to back programs for at least twelve hours and I would like it to be one giant session so I can later go back and split it between programs exactly. Thanks for your help!

2. Derek L

Derek L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a maximum file size and so if you exceed that it will split the recording into different programmes. Using SP recording some Panasonics split at 6, some at 8 hours - I guess that you are recording in XP.

You have 3 choices
    1) Use a slower speed
    2) Use playlists to "join" across the split when you break up into separate programmes
    3) Decide yourself wher you want the splits and set the timer accordingly.