Question Re: Harmony Remotes and Amp Control

DampCat

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Apologies if this is covered somewhere, i've looked through so many pages about these remotes and can't seem to find the answer im after. I've asked on several different forums (including Logitech!) and havent been able to get an answer so i'm really hoping someone here can answer for me.

I have a Sony STR-DG820 that I bought from here a couple years ago. It IS compatible with Harmony's database so they will work together BUT my question is more specific!

I'm looking to replace a lost remote, so will the Harmony control EVERY part of the Amp? So will i have access to adjusting speaker distances, speaker sizes, setting up the Auto Speaker function with the microphone etc? Or is it more basic like Input, Volume etc?

So grateful if anyone can let me know

Edited: For some reason i signed off with a kiss. It's gone now :l

Hi, no need to apologise, and I don't know why this simple question hasn't been answered!
Harmonys, like most universal remotes, provide all the commands that the original remote has.

Yeah, what logi said. Plus if any of your remote's commands are missing from the Logitech database and you have the remote you can teach them to your Harmony. Happy days!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom