1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question re Connecting to Plasma

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by r_gissing, Mar 11, 2004.

1. r_gissing

r_gissing
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My plasma (Hitachi PD5000) will be about 3 to 4 metres (cable run) from my various sources when I get it properly set up. I plan to run a full length component cable from my DVD to the plasma, but with the other sources (Pace NTL cable box, Tivo, S-VHS VCR, X Box, Sony Freeview box) is it worth running any of them direct to the plasma via long cables, or can they go through the AV Amp and/or a scart switch to reduce the number of long cables?

Any advice much appreciated.

2. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I would suggest that whether you use a switching device of some sort, whether it be an amp or switch box really depends on the quality of that unit. Some can affect the PQ detrimentally.
    Switching via the amp is certainly the most convienient as you switch audio at the same time as video

Regards
    Jigb

3. r_gissing

r_gissing
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I'm currently thinking of getting the new HK AVR230, which I believe can switch 2 component & 4 S-Video sources. Would that be good enough?