Question re 100Hz TV & NTSC prog scan DVD player + E50 recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by CrazyHorse, May 26, 2003.

1. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Firstly, Pardon my ignorance on these matters but I'm not much of a tech head!

The thing is I'm about to buy one of the new Panny DVD players that will playback RAM discs - I have the Panny E50 recorder so I want another player to allow me to edit my recordings properly.

I have a choice of two:

Panasonic DVDS35 & the Panasonic DVDS75

They both have similar spec, except the S75 has the following extra features:

Compatible with DVD Audio
    Double Digital Re-Master
    Hi-Mat Compatible
    Progressive Scan (NTSC)

DVD Audio playback would be nice but I can't really see me taking advantage of it that much.

Can someone explain what Double Digital Re-Master & Hi-Mat Compatible mean

Mainly I'd like to know if NTSC Prog Scan would make any difference on my 100Hz Tosh 32inch Picture Frame telly?

Will I get any benefit out of these features and is it worth me paying the extra £40-£50 quid for the S75, or will the S35 suffice?

Thanks in advance.

2. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Anyone?

I think for the NTSC prog scan to make any difference my TV would have to be prog scan compatible, not just 100Hz, yes?

I'd still like to know what Double Digital Re-Master & Hi-Mat Compatible mean though.