Question Question please:- which to get!?

Jimjames

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hiya,

So sorry to ask another which would you get question!

I have an old Sony CRT TV and it works great but my Son is getting an Xbox One for Xmas and the connection on the TV does not support the console. The TV only has scart inputs and no HDMI.

This has now forced me to take the plunge and upgrade as if a 400 pound console wasn't enough!

I am after a 55" unit with as little lag or motion blur as poss.

I was waiting for the Panasonic x902 but have read some uncomplimentary stuff about it and the lag seemed to be high.

The TV would be used primarily for family use with console gaming for the kids. We currently don't have Sky in HD but the kids watch lots of DVDs.

I had narrowed it down to 2 choices
Sony X9005b
And
Samsung HU7500

Not really keen on curves so dismissed the HU8500.

Which would any of you experts go with?
Thanks a lot my head is pickled - so much choice but they do cost a lot so I want a keeper. Silly time of year to get it with Xmas coming!

Btw mate, My aunty has just won a 55" UH7500 from a competition, An i have just bought the 48"!

She is going to put it up for sale at £1400 if you or anyone is intrested.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot I was leaning towards that one as my wife hates the speakers on the Sony one.

Congrats to your aunty! Last competition I won the prize was a bath mat!

Ah mate its amazing! i literally went through 2x before i just forked out and baught the sammy, one of the tvs was a 55" LG 730, which was crap compared to the 7500.

Amazing TV, an thanks mate, be good if i won it instead, would of saved me forking out £1300 for the bloody 48" :( lol

Went to see one today in Currys and it looked great I couldn't drag the kids away from the Avengers film on it!
Think I will buy from John lewis though.
I went to a games expo a couple of years ago with my lad and they had loads of es8000s there. I should have taken the plunge then.
Thanks a lot for replying. I know there are so many of these what to get threads so thanks. Shear desperation and the fear of making such an expensive mistake is uppermost on my mind and the fact I have to have it before Xmas. Expensive times ahead!

Ah i know how you feel mate, i was like that when buying mine, which one to choose, which one to choose!! but deep down i knew the sami would be best, an so far...i dont think i have been happier with a tv in my life since the minute i baught it!

All the best!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom