Question: Philips 65OLED856 120hz + Ambient Light

hhargreaves

Novice Member
Hi,

I’ve been considering upgrading my current system from a Samsung QE65Q800T to the Philips 65OLED856, as I want to be able to use my Xbox Series X at [email protected] with ambient light.

For some context, I’m currently using a Philips hue sync box, which limits the input to [email protected] (HDMI 2.0) - so I wanted to double check it the ambient light still works on the 65OLED856 when the input signal is [email protected], was also curious if the ambient light works with everything (I.e. terrestrial tv, Netflix etc.).

Thanks in advance!

l00pu5

Hi,

I’ve been considering upgrading my current system from a Samsung QE65Q800T to the Philips 65OLED856, as I want to be able to use my Xbox Series X at [email protected] with ambient light.

For some context, I’m currently using a Philips hue sync box, which limits the input to [email protected] (HDMI 2.0) - so I wanted to double check it the ambient light still works on the 65OLED856 when the input signal is [email protected], was also curious if the ambient light works with everything (I.e. terrestrial tv, Netflix etc.).

Thanks in advance!
4k120 will work, Ambiligt will work regardless of the use case and input frame rate, so no issues.

Dolby Vision @ 120Hz will not work (yet), though

slickric21

You don’t need the sync box anymore if you have a Philips Ambilight TV.

(But yes you are right, if you used your Syncbox it would limit you to 60hz)

Ambilight works with every source

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom