1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on the RCVDS 05

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mikbro, Nov 19, 2004.

1. mikbro

mikbro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been looking into this switcher for use in my home theater. I know that is works standalone (I don't have a Barco pj). My question is, does it actually process the Contrast, Brightness, Hue etc (and the resultant image is sent via the video outs) or are these controls on the unit just passed to a Barco PJ through instructions via the projector communication cable?

Thanks much!
    Mike

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Mike the 05 will act as a stand alone switcher and any signal passed in will be switched out of the relevant connections. It is possible to switch via IR even in stand alone.
    The picture controls will not work in the switcher unless you have a decoder fitted to the RCVDS (not usual). They are fed as comands to the projector via the contol cable.

ps be very careful how you connect the control cable as it carries a 30v feed which will do some serious damage to an RS232 port.