Question on Sony 930

Bernard Barnett

Established Member
Reaction score
If you take the 930 out of the box and connect it via component, do you get a picture so you can access the menus? Or do you (as I had to do with my Arcam) have to connect via scart, get into the menus, select component, and then plug in your component cables?
(Incidentally I'd like to thank Cybersoga for his very full account in another 930 thread of his findings in setting up the player. The question I've posed above is just about the only one he didn't answer!)

On my 730 I had a picture out of the box on component, until I selected line out as RGB (just to see what it did - it went black, suprisingly). Then I had to reconnect using scart, switch line output back to video, and then reconnect using component.

I presume it will be the same for the 930.

i connected up my 930 with component cables straight from the box and i had picture. It was region free remote modded by the supplier so they may have fiddled with the settings before i got my hands on it...

Regards,
Mick

Thanks very much for the advice. I got it home and hooked it up last night and sure eough a picture right away. Quality pretty good though not up to the standards of my Arcam DV88+ (I bought the Sony as a second player) but at a third of the price it couldn't really be expected. Actually in my view none of the players I've been through recently measure up to my old Pioneer 717 (including the fabled 757) which I'm increasingly sorry I got rid of. I realise this makes me a member of the flat-earth society...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom