Question on Samsung TVs

rick66

Novice Member
Hi All,

New to the forum. Thanks in advance for all help. I have two Samsung TVs. One is a model UN46F7100 and the other is a UN50NU6900. I also have an HD antenna mounted up in my attic. The 46" seems to be able to capture more OTA signals from the HD antenna vs the 50". Anyone know why? Does the 46" have "better" electronics where it is able to pick up weaker OTA signals? Thanks again.

Foster1984

More likely that the signal is weaker to the 50".

I'm going to assume that the cable going to the 50" is a longer run than the one going to the 46"?

Does the antenna feed into a splitter? Is the splitter an amplifier, or just a splitter?

Foster1984

There is no such thing as an HD Antenna.

When so many of them are marketed as such though, we can't blame the lay-person for not understanding it is just marketing jargon.

logiciel

Which is a good reason for posting the reality!

rick66

Novice Member
More likely that the signal is weaker to the 50".

I'm going to assume that the cable going to the 50" is a longer run than the one going to the 46"?

Does the antenna feed into a splitter? Is the splitter an amplifier, or just a splitter?
Actually, i dont have the 50 hung up. I went back to my 46. Its mounted on the wall above my mantle.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom