Question on removing private plates from car

LexDiamond

On Monday I received an offer for my car so I removed the private plates online and put the originals back on. I received the updated V5c the next day which was a pleasant surprise as the dealer could take the car.

My question is - I was under the impression I would have received the V778 for the retention of the plate at the same time. I’ve been over the email confirmation and doesn’t actually mention a V778 being sent out. So what documents do I have for the retention?

D

Deleted member 27989

I can’t help but wonder whether you’ve selected the right option. When I did that last I got the PDF instantly via email. Almost sounds like you’ve surrendered your private plates instead. Best check your online confirmation

LexDiamond

The possibility of having accidentally surrendered the plate is exactly my concern. I did receive the below by email but don’t have any further details to actually be able to assign the plate which is why I am confused.
04A5C315-B78E-4E7B-96EC-9304B3C33F82.jpeg

D

Deleted member 27989

Hmm that is encouraging but I'm now doubting myself. I could swear I received everything I needed online as I did it the same day...I guess this is for DVLA unfortunately.

LexDiamond

I think I may be being stupid. I rechecked the emails I received and I have the one below. Is this the details I would need to re-assign the plates to my next car?

8175C4E0-6BCE-42E6-BAC7-BD7F9546AB58.jpeg

D

Deleted member 27989

Yes you can do it all online with that code 👍 A bit confusing but you should be ok.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom