question on my av amp and blu-ray player

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by gmbdelsol, Feb 3, 2009.

1. gmbdelsol

gmbdelsol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello all, i have ordered an onkyo tx-sr606 amp a sony bdp-s350 blu ray player and a bose acustimass 10 system(no bad comments on bose:cool:

the question is this, on the reviews i read of the sony blu-ray player they said that There is no onboard decoding for DTS-HD Master Audio and on the onkyo there is written
    DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus Decoding . so will i still be able to hear dts-hd master audio or no? what are the pros and cons of it.
    last question is some said that a normal usb dosent enter on the back of the sony blu-ray player.any one knows what do i need to buy instead of the normal usb.thanks a lot.

2. Enwezor

Enwezor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    All you do is connect your blu-ray player to your AV Receiver using an HDMI cable.
    Set-it up to send the Blu-ray data in it's raw format to the Onkyo 606 and it will do the decoding and you will have lovely DTS-Master Audio & Dolby TruHD. Job done.

Not sure about your 2nd question - I have a panasonic player.

3. gmbdelsol

gmbdelsol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, thanks a lot,so it isnt a problem that sony dosent has this feature as long as the onkyo has it?

4. Enwezor

Enwezor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Exactly.
    As long as one of them does it, that's the main thing and I think people would argue that it makes sense anyway for the AV Receiver to decode it anyway.
    Your 606 will decode any HD audio format so you just need to set-up the player correctly with a few button presses.
    :thumbsup: