Question on media for Panny EH50

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Crazy Snake Man, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Crazy Snake Man

Crazy Snake Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

is there any panny users out there that could spare two mins to help with my two questions below? If anyone can it will be very much appreciated.

Is the EH50 only -R, - RW and RAM - as on web sites and on what video review (where it got best buy) it says +R

"the DMREH50 features an 80GB hard drive capable of 142 hours of recording, alongside the ability to record onto DVD-RAM, DVD-RW, DVD-R and DVD+R!"

Presuming it is only -R what is the best media you have found (in terms of reliability and quality - and price!) - would like personal exp as dont want to burn lots of coasters like did with my philips!

Again thanks for any input u can give

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Specifications for the Panasonic DMR-EH50 on this webpage :

http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/diga/usa/eh60_eh50/specifications.html

I only have the ES20D, E85H and E60 machines and usually use Verbatim DVD-R 4x for best quality or the cheaper Datawrite DVD-R either 4x or 8x (am also considering 2x) which work very well on two former recorders.). Haven't tried 8x on the E60 which is a fairly old model now. Usually purchase my discs from SVP including the spindles of ten DVD-RAM discs.

http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acatalog/dvdr.html

3. Crazy Snake Man

Crazy Snake Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks - meant to mention on my original post that I thought panny website just said -r,-rw and ram and that was why i was confused and wondered if panny owners could confirm.

u burn many coasters with these discs or the panny recorders?

PS - love the way you said I "only have" and then listed 3 recorders - classic!!

4. HelenS

HelenS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To clarify: +R (but not +RW) IS included on the list of discs the EH50 can record on, and I tried one in its sister machine, the EH60, which is the one I have. It works. It will play back +RW but cannot record them - sometime I'll buy one just to see if it can be persuaded to think it's a -RW!

As with all Panasonics though, their performance is best (in the ease and flexibility sense) with DVD-RAM, as then they can do anything that the HDD can do, just in a removable and very much smaller capacity way.

5. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    .....err - "coasters" - what's them. Not had one since the middle ages and that was a Ritek
    4x which refused to eject from the E85. Sent the rest of the 50 spindle pack for replacement as that was the first one I tried from that spindle. Have never had a failure with Verbatim or these cheaper Datawrite and probably used 200 or so to date.

6. Crazy Snake Man

Crazy Snake Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks - just fear the worse after the reliability of philips!!

7. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Not surprising judging by the unreliability of Philips earlier models.