Question on Denon 2900

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by geoffc, Nov 16, 2004.

1. geoffc

geoffc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased a new denon 2900 and am very pleased with the performance. However when I use the handset to display the time remaining on a dvd disc, both the player and the TV display the information.

Does anyone know if it is possible to disable the TV picture from showing this information.

Also - after a while you can smell the player if you are close to it ! (similar to burning - hot pcbs smell without the smoke !) Its only been used for about 4 hours in total - so I'm assuming this is normal during the burn in phase.

Thanks in anticipation with any possible help,

Regards
    Geoff

2. ahin4114

ahin4114

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Hi Geoff

Don't know about the On Screen Display, will have a look tonight, but regarding the burn in phase, I definitely had a light burn in smell when I first ran my 2900 in. The 2900 is renowned for running quite hot, so make sure it's not a component standing on top of it that's making the smell.

Tony

3. geoffc

geoffc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Tony, theres plenty of of space for cooling, so I'll not worry too much about the smell :clap:

regards
    Geoff