1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on Car Speakers

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Omat128, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Omat128

Omat128

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, i just had a quick question on car speakers. I know, at the very least, you need 2 speakers in the front and 2 speakers in the back. I just got a car, so i don't know many of the details on it. I was just wondering on what size speakers you need in the front and what size you need in the back. I was thinking more like 6 X 9" speakers' in the back and 6 1/2" speakers in the front, honestly i don't know. If y'all can help me on this, i'd appreciate it.

2. spuddy01

spuddy01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
  3. T-Bone

T-Bone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    I am personally going for 6.5" components in the front and a pair of 6x9's on a custom made mdf shelf. I wouldnt recommend mounting 6x9's on your standard parcel. I would also (IMO) spend most of your money on the front speakers as those are the speakers right next to you. I have gone for infinity 6500cs comps (£75) and infinity 9603i 6x9's (£40).

4. DaveA

DaveA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You don't >need< two speakers front and back. Best stereo sound is a pair of component 6.5" in the front, and a sub in the back.

The rear pair will tend to spoil the stereo image from the front pair, so for purity avoid. However, they can provide a nice 'fill' to the sound from the back of the car.

If you have an amp and can low-pass the filter to the rears, do that.