Question on Angled living room setup & speaker height

parper

Standard Member
I have a rectangular shaped living room with the TV mounted to the wall on a cantilever type bracket above the AV equipment, which is placed on a DIY shelf. This is all located next to the window so viewing position suffers from bright daylight and awkward viewing angle from the sofa, some 2.8m away. Sofa can't move to the right for a square on position as there's a door there that's in constant use.

49" LCD LG TV, Marantz 5.1 AVR, pair of QA 3020i fronts, 3090ci centre and Eltax wave mini rears. The sub is an SVS PB1000, hidden behind the end of a day bed piece of furniture, which also interrupts the line of sight to the FR speaker.

That said, I'm pleased with the set up and Audyssey has done a good job with balancing the sound but one thing bugs me and that's the shelf height when seated at the main viewing /listening position. Either it needs raising or TV dropping to close the gap.

Toying with buying some taller legs for the shelf to raise everything by approx 10-15cm which will result in the centre being closer to the TV and the FR clearing the day bed. Or repositioning the TV wall bracket to lower it somewhat but still stuck with the day bed position (which I'm not allowed to move). No other suitable location to move the whole lot other than to mount the TV on the chimney breast (to the left of the image, and therefore square on with sofa) but that brings its own issues as have a woodburner stove.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20210131_103229.jpg
    20210131_103229.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 70

parper

Standard Member
I have a rectangular shaped living room with the TV mounted to the wall on a cantilever type bracket above the AV equipment, which is placed on a DIY shelf. This is all located next to the window so viewing position suffers from bright daylight and awkward viewing angle from the sofa, some 2.8m away. Sofa can't move to the right for a square on position as there's a door there that's in constant use.

49" LCD LG TV, Marantz 5.1 AVR, pair of QA 3020i fronts, 3090ci centre and Eltax wave mini rears. The sub is an SVS PB1000, hidden behind the end of a day bed piece of furniture, which also interrupts the line of sight to the FR speaker.

That said, I'm pleased with the set up and Audyssey has done a good job with balancing the sound but one thing bugs me and that's the shelf height when seated at the main viewing /listening position. Either it needs raising or TV dropping to close the gap.

Toying with buying some taller legs for the shelf to raise everything by approx 10-15cm which will result in the centre being closer to the TV and the FR clearing the day bed. Or repositioning the TV wall bracket to lower it somewhat but still stuck with the day bed position (which I'm not allowed to move). No other suitable location to move the whole lot other than to mount the TV on the chimney breast (to the left of the image, and therefore square on with sofa) but that brings its own issues as have a woodburner stove.

Any thoughts?
Any views on the gap height between TV and centre speaker?

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom