Question Is this amount of backlight bleed normal? (LGUM7000)

FKInTheCoffee

Novice Member
I'm wondering if this amount of back light bleed is normal. I've only just noticed that there seems to be a bit of a glow during black scenes, most commonly in video games like Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. It's not that noticeable but its making me wonder is there something wrong with my display?

I've only had it for a little over a month and honestly it's not noticeable at all when actually playing a game or watching a movie. My back light is set to 80 and my brightness is around 50. It's really noticeable when I took a picture of it during a black screen but I'm wondering if that's normal or if there is a problem with it that would require me to even get it fixed or replaced. I'll appreciate any help with the matter.

Here's the images I took.
Xe40y6Z.jpg
2A9g6cP.jpg

Inferno

Distinguished Member
Unfortunately it is normal for a backlit TV, it's how it is, I only ever bought 1 because of this.

FKInTheCoffee

Novice Member
Unfortunately it is normal for a backlit TV, it's how it is, I only ever bought 1 because of this.
So it's perfectly normal and there wouldn't be a point in returning it to the store to get a replacement? Any idea what is causing the clouding in the middle of the screen?

Inferno

Distinguished Member
I would think it is the panel being normal for the tech type, I remember the LG I had being bad for it as well, if you don't notice it with normal viewing I wouldn't worry about it, if you think it is faulty ask the retailer to look, but them panels are known for it.

FKInTheCoffee

Novice Member
I would think it is the panel being normal for the tech type, I remember the LG I had being bad for it as well, if you don't notice it with normal viewing I wouldn't worry about it, if you think it is faulty ask the retailer to look, but them panels are known for it.
Is there any same-priced panels that you would recommend thinking of replacing it for a Samsung RU7020 or a Hisense B7100UK. The maximum budget is around £350.

D

Deleted member 171211

You're not going to get a decent LCD TV at that price point, in my opinion. Not a large one anyway.

bedlam1

Novice Member
Hi

These panels are a lottery, I just returned a 70um7450p i had for all off 2 days.

it is a fault on the tv even lg will admit it, i believe it is due to how tight the screws are tightened on the panel.

I just took delivery on a replacement of the same tv, which i will check tonight.
but this one don't look as bad.

You will always get some kind of bleed, just depends how much you are prepared to put up with.

Andy

davidcharles

tbh, that looks abit too much bleed for me. My daughter has the same set and there's virtually no visible bleed.... i would send those photos to whoever you bought the tv off and ask for a replacement....its worth a try

bedlam1

Novice Member
Followup..
Ran a black screen test on the replacement tv i got today.

and as bad if not worse than the tv i sent back.

now getting this one taken away going to buy a new washing machine instead..at least the thing wont bleed lol.

andy

Inferno

Distinguished Member
Followup..

now getting this one taken away going to buy a new washing machine instead..at least the thing wont bleed lol.

andy

Unless you wash some coloured clothing on too hot a wash!!

They are all bad for bleed, unless you spend oodles on one with loads of dimming zones, then you may as well get a 4K OLED for the price and get 8 1/4 million dimming zones!

bedlam1

Novice Member
lol >>Inferno :) cool wash wash for coloured stuff c i know how to use a washing machine :).

and you might get : 8 1/4 million dimming zones :

but you also get lots of places for screen burn :) been there done that with oled bought my 1st oled in 2015 so they do have there probs.

ah well the super world of tv's.

Andy

FKInTheCoffee

Novice Member
Followup..

andy
I'm getting it looked at and repaired tomorrow, hopefully it won't be as bad. Was going to try and get a refund but since I bought it at the start of December it's no longer illegible for one so my best bet was to contact the insurance and get it repaired. If it comes back and the same amount of bleed is present I'll keep it until I save enough money to get an OLED but that will be in the far future.

bedlam1

Novice Member
Sorry to hear you cant get a refund friend, hope it comes back better.

be prepared for the screen burn issues on the oled, lol seems you cant win on tv's.

Andy

Inferno

Distinguished Member
Sorry to hear you cant get a refund friend, hope it comes back better.

be prepared for the screen burn issues on the oled, lol seems you cant win on tv's.

Andy
:eek:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom