Question from someone who knows nothing about sound!

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by Hostile18, May 18, 2019.

1. Hostile18

Hostile18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi all, I know virtually nothing about sound.

I bought this home theater all in one set years ago (BVD-E370)

BDV-E370 Specifications | Sony UK

Would this sound bar that comes with the 65 OLED be an upgrade? (even though it wouldn't be surround sound)

Panasonic TX65FZ952B

Or third option if I got a B8 would the 400 saving be better used on another soundbar or 5.1 surround sound? (something easy to setup for a casual audio person lol)

2. b1g1an

b1g1an

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Given sound quality is more important to the experience than the picture quality, you've got your priorities the wrong way around. You aren't going to get sound your TV deserves for £400... sorry.

You can get sound bars that will put your htib to shame and give you a decent pseudo surround experience but again they're a lot more than your budget.

3. Hostile18

Hostile18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi thanks for the response :)

I defo think PQ is more important to me tbh.

I think not knowing the specifics of sound tech will help alot. I wouldn't be able to appreciate a really expensive audio system tbh like audiophiles could. Just trying to work out if the soundbar that comes with the tv will be better than what I have despite it not been 5.1. A improvement over what I have is still an upgrade ;).

4. gibbsy

gibbsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,919
    The soundbar fitted to the Panny is highly regarded and I would imagine it would work seamlessly with the set. You've mentioned in another post that you want to have both TV and soundbar fixed to a wall and the 952 would give you that.

A soundbar is not going to sound as good as a full 5.1 which this excellent 65'' TV really deserves but I feel you would need to spend around £1000 for one that would complement the set as a starting point. However a lot will depend on your room and the TVs proposed position as to whether a full 5.1 set up would be viable. A rough sketch with dimensions is always a welcome addition to the debate.

You could of course do things slowly with a starting point of a receiver in a stereo configuration and build from there are funds allow. Searching the classified on here can yield some good speaker bargains if you are prepared to go down the used route.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List