Question from SKY+ newbie!!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by robertsage, Mar 31, 2005.

1. robertsage

robertsage
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease:
    Chaps,
    Couple of quick questions for you:

I'm currently subscribed to Sky Digital World @£34 p/m and want to:
    i) upgrade to Sky+
    ii) move the current box to another room
    iii) introduce a third basic Digibox into another bedroom.

From reading a number of forums it seems that I can buy a Sky+ box (Pace 3100 for example) and after doing my own install (to include a quad LNB to allow the other boxes to work) would need to phone Sky and ask them to activate the existing card to allow Sky+ recording etc to work.

My questions are:

i) Would I only be able to get the Free-to-air channels on the two other digiboxes? :rolleyes:
    ii) If I wanted to receive the Sky world package on the other two boxes, would I need two new activated cards? :confused:

If you have any thoughts/suggestions please let me know!!
    Cheers!!

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    A digibox will get the FTA channels with no card, if you get a "freesat" card for £20 then they will also be able to access the the FTV channels on Dsat.
    If you get the multiroom subscription (additional £10 a month per box) then they have access to the same channel lineup as the main SKY smartcard. However every box needs to be connected to the same working phone line and be able to contact SKY as this is a security issue and SKY enforce it.

You can of course just have a single multiroom sub on one digibox with a freesat card in the other:)

3. robertsage

robertsage
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, does anyone else have any suggestions or advice before I go ahead and install as above?
    Looks like I'll have to make do with just free-to-air channels from the other two digiboxes unless I get sky to install and go for multiroom then?