1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question from a rookie

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by nikpartou, Nov 15, 2003.

1. nikpartou

nikpartou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All,

New to this forum and would like a bit of advice.
    Recently bought my son a kit to upgrade to a Home Cinema system. I bought him the Sony HTK25.

We have set it up with the DVD player but was wondering how to connect the TV to it. I have checked the outputs on the TV but cannot find any Audio output. All i can see is a scart socket, an audio in and video in.

One more question. Can he also connect his Nintendo game cube to it?

Any advice would be appreciated.

His TV is a Sony KV-14LT1U

2. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    A Google search finds that you have input-only sockets on the TV - aside from the headphone socket, that is.

You could use this to send an audio signal to the HTK; but you will have single-channel sound and it could well be very noisy. With some slightly messy fiddling with cables and use of the HTK's DSP modes, you could improve things a fair bit, though it'll be far from what you may have now heard with DVDs and still 'mono' sound, of course.

The shortest route to Cubey audio goodness (assuming the cables will reach!) would be to use the supplied cable, without the provided SCART adapter (if my memory of that is correct). Connect the yellow plug to the television's front AV (yellow) socket, then the left and right (white and red) plugs to one of the two sets of appropriate sockets at the rear of the HTK.

Job done. :smashin:

There are other ways of connecting that may bring a noticeably better picture (by using the rear RGB socket, rather than the front 'composite' input); but the method above will do all you require and could be perfectly satisfactory.

:)

3. nikpartou

nikpartou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent, Thanks very much

4. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: