1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for viera owners and buyers from JL.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Vipen, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Vipen

Vipen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi all, with the latest price reductions i'm virtually ready to purchase a 37" viera. main reason i'm not buying a panel is it's a tv, i don't want to turn on my amp everytime i just plonk down for 5 mins to watch some tv and the g/f certainly won't want to. and i'll probably get a projector in the near future for films and games :)

my questions are :-

1. will my NAD T752 amp fit anywhere underneath? i haven't measured it, it looks a close call, wondering if you can move the fixtures underneath about to accomodate the amp. it's standard seperates size but these days the all-in-one are very slim.

2. where do people put their centre speaker?

3. i have no JL in my area and i'd like their warranty and possible extras as mentioned (the dvd recorder). if i travel 70 miles to my nearest JL will they deliver to me and how much will it cost?

4. i'd consider the 42" if they could price match the £2499 i saw someone mention JL had in one of their stores. how do i go about this if i'm not in the area, ring up? i take it there's a bit of blagging involved, especially as i don't know which branch has this deal, i think it was, er, can't remember?? oh well, not so important.

thanks all

2. harrison99

harrison99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Panasonic stand and the 37" Viera.

The usable gap between the base and the first shelf is 14.5 cm.
    The usable gap between the first and second shelves is 13.5 cm
    The usable gap between the second shelf and the bottom of the Viera is 13 cm.

However there is an alternate fixing which will raise the gap between the base and the first shelf to 18.5 com, reducing the gap between the first and second shelves to 9.5 cm.

Remember to check-out how much ventilation is required above the components.

I put my centre speaker on the second shelf (just below the screen).

I chose the 37" because the resolution is the same as the 42" but it's spread over a larger area. If you sit close to the TV then you will see the pixels on the 42" - the 37" looks fantastic in a 15' x 11' room. Guidance on optimal screen/room size ratios is available on the forum.

Hope this helps.

3. 888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just ring them up. I did my entire sale and pricematching over the telephone (Bristol branch). You should be able to find the nearest branch on their website. Forget about using their email enquires, it takes so long by the time they get back to you, they or the shop being price matched would have run out of stock.

When pricematching the delivery charge will be pricematched also. If the shop being pricematched delivers to you for free they will do the same. However, if they charge £100 so will JL.

4. Vipen

Vipen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    ah right, can i do the whole transaction over the phone then? with this i mean pricematch and pay for the goods incl. delivery?

i always thought you had to buy the stuff instore and maybe ring up just to check if they'd price match.

anyone know the current best deal on a 37" viera? would really like (need) the dvd recorder :)

5. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    just below £2k for the current 37 viera package from JL... tv, stand, dmr-e55, though you may have to push for the dmr-e55 to be included at some stores.

6. dunbad

dunbad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Last Saturday I bought the 37" with DMRE55 plus cabinet stand and 5 year guarantee for £1999. This is there current ticket price which means that you just ring JL Cheadle and order it.

You can collect !!

Mine is on the wall now and is fantastic!!

Thanks

:thumbsup:

7. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    Depends how big the amp is, but remember you can take out one shelf to accommodate it.

Mine is under the Viera on the shelf, although I had to take out one shelf to accommodate this. Doesn’t bother me too much as I’ve a rack right next to it anyway!

You should just be able to call any JL local to you and they should deliver free of charge although this is not guaranteed.

Just phone up the store and ask to do a price match, if it’s with one of their own stores the process is a lot quicker otherwise it takes a few days.

8. damianpadden

damianpadden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    got it yesterday, my god its big, I think I will need to get used to the size previous tv was 21inch so its a big leap. Got it from jl in Kingston did the price match and managed to save £800, well happy with it, it took about 2 weeks to get the price match and have it delivered. Just need to set it up properly, all i did yesterday was plug it in and set up my sky plus, bit grainy so I will have a play with the settings tonight.

Damo

9. sunil1234

sunil1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hi, sorry to hijack but when my 37 Viera arrives next week, does anyone know how much cabling can be hidden in the stand - i.e. does it just conceal its own power cables or can it take RF cables and scart leads (and does that mean my new QED flat scarts will be useless as it needs traditional rounder ones to hide away?)

Many thanks

S

10. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I'm not sure of the dimensions of the QED flat cables but they're going to have to be pretty massive not to be hidden by the ample space in the cable channels of the viera stand. I've got plenty of very chunky scart cables and they are swallowed up easily.
    I don't think you're going to have a problem.

11. RB5 Paul

RB5 Paul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Does anyone know if the £1999 deal is still on?

12. sunil1234

sunil1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Cheers Pink Fairy!

S

13. hao

hao

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul
    I think the JL £1999 deal is still on as I am awaiting delivery on Thur, having got them to price match with comet and JL High Wycombe last week. I also got an E55 thrown in as an afterthought having pointed out that it was part of a Panasonic promotion. Try a price match with JL Peterborough.

14. RB5 Paul

RB5 Paul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Nice one cheers,i'll give that a go then :D

15. Tonyrec

Tonyrec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    It was still on at JL in Welwyn yesterday (37" for £1999), although the 42" was now at £2895.