1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for Velodyne HGS-10 owners

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Phil Ab, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Phil Ab

Phil Ab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm about to buy a Velodyne HGS-10 subwoofer. My only worry is whether its huge magnet will interfere with my TV. (I can't get an in-home loaner to test this out.)

Would HGS-10 owners please let me know how close their sub is to their TV, and whether they noticed any problems at closer distances? My sub will be about 30 inches to the side of, and slightly below, my Mitsubishi 40-inch tube TV.

Thanks!

2. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm not sure about the magnetic shielding i.e. if there is any or how good it is but one of the forum members, Uncle Eric, should be able to answer this as he is a bit of a Velodyne expert.

One thing I would say though is, if you haven't done so already, take a look at the Power Buys section of this forum - the same fellow (Uncle Eric) can get hold of any Velodyne subs at discounted prices so, if you were planning on paying r.r.p. for the HGS10, chances are Eric could save you a bob or two.

He's never actually quoted for the HGS10 but to give you an idea, he can get an HGS12 for £1700 whereas the retail price is £2125:

Here's the link: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41637

Matt.

3. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Matt,
    Phil, 30" is absolutely fine. You should get zero bleed at this distance from your little monster.
    Eric