1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for UK Samsung SP43L2HX or SP46L5HX or SP50L2HX owners (again!)

Discussion in 'TVs' started by empedia, Jun 1, 2004.

1. empedia

empedia
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I am extremely interested in purchasing one of these systems but I have a few questions which even though I've religiously read through this forums I'm still not clear on the answers.

Especially since the Samsung web site is frankly rubbish and it appears there are at least 2 versions of the SP43 model floating about.

1. Specifically do any of these sets support component video input?

2. Do any of these sets support progressive scan and if so from which input - DVI, VGA, SCART Component etc?

3. I believe all these sets have DVI input but do any of them have a standard VGA input as well/instead of?

4. How many SCART sockets does your set have?

5. Do any of these sets come with any kind of stand or is there any kind of stand which can be bought specifically for them. Failing that can anyone recommend a suitable alternative to stand theset on say from IKEA or Argos etc.

6. Is your set HDTV ready?

Lastly could anyone who replies please quote where they purchased the set from.

Many thanks in advance,

Matthew aka Empedia.

2. bongpig

bongpig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    regards the 43L2:-

1. Yes. It supports component. Never tried it, but the TV has a native res of 768, so I assume it can handle 768p as ive sent a 1280x768 signal via DVI & VGA and it works fine.

2. DVI & VGA I can confirm work. Dont know the limits of component. The manual states it can go up to 576p, but no mention of 768.

3. Yes, there is a VGA port.

4. 3 scarts. 2 are RGB enabled.

5. The stand comes as standard. The same stand you see in many of the pictures.

6. I dont know. I assume question 1 answers this?

I purchased the set from Comet.

good luck :)

3. coolio

coolio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    heres mine, this is the stand with it, ive now managed to add the rest of my stuff in and it easily has a vcr and x box side by side on one of the shelves.

You can easily put it on an Ikea unit because the TV is very light. My Philly 28PW6515 weighs almost twice as much. The stand is just flat, the tv doesnt slot into it so any unit should be ok. It comes flatpack as well

[​IMG]

this is the 43 model btw. And just to make u jealous, it cost me £550 incl delivery with a free hcs. :laugh:

4. empedia

empedia
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Bongpig - thanks for the information - as a result I took the plunge and ordered the set today from Panther - hope the version I get will be the same as yours.

Also thanks for the Pic Coolio very useful.

Actually I'm not all that jealous because the reason I'm getting this in the first place is that my 4 year old Toshiba RPTV bit the big one a month ago and the service company say it can't be fixed because the part isn't available anymore. :(

So the insurance company are paying a hefty chunk towards this new one - in fact it works out that I'm paying around 550 of my own money and that includes a 5 year warranty so if the TV is all it seems then I will be well chuffed. :thumbsup:

Anyway I'm sure as soon as it gets delivered I'll have a ton of questions - esp. on service mode etc. I'm sure there are lots of interesting settings which can be played with ;)

Anyway thanks again,

Matthew.