Question for Toys 'r' Us Overnighters...

pixels

Prominent Member
Reaction score
...For those who queued outside TRU last night and this morning, have u been playing on it yet? and if yes, was it worth the queueing?

Can't decide whether to wait until xmas or not. I queued 7.5hrs (you had to queue another 3 times in the store!!!!) and as much as I dont wanna ruin xmas day I think I want a shot now! :)

Yes and Yes... Got one of the 48 available from Milton Keynes - was back at home by 8:30am and had a quick go at the bowling & tennis before getting in to Zelda.

Yes and Yes... Got one of the 48 available from Milton Keynes - was back at home by 8:30am and had a quick go at the bowling & tennis before getting in to Zelda.

what was the q in mk like???

Yes & Yes - not had any sleep yet - may try get an hour or so this aft. Queued from 3:45am until 8am and it was certainly worth it.

Great console, really impressed so far and I can see why they are in such huge demand! :)

Yes & Yes - not had any sleep yet - may try get an hour or so this aft. Queued from 3:45am until 8am and it was certainly worth it.

Great console, really impressed so far and I can see why they are in such huge demand! :)

Just outta my pit, dilemas, dilemas set up now or wait till i have a few days of work?

CAS - go to bed mate, wonder if rascal van man made it back?

Just outta my pit, dilemas, dilemas set up now or wait till i have a few days of work?

CAS - go to bed mate, wonder if rascal van man made it back?

:D - Must turn off Wii lol. Rascal man was a right character - just said whatever came into his head - I think he asked everyone if they owned the entire PS2 games catalogue...game by game! I reckon he'd have got back OK - seemed pretty intent on getting one.

Oh and set it up NOW! It's great!

:D - Must turn off Wii lol. Rascal man was a right character - just said whatever came into his head - I think he asked everyone if they owned the entire PS2 games catalogue...game by game! I reckon he'd have got back OK - seemed pretty intent on getting one.

You meet allsorts

did you hear him on about his dad not having long left
'He's insured though'.......absolute classic

I went to bed for a few hours as I was a bit shattered, woke up coz my brother was phoning me on my mobile. I have had a go at Sports and Zelda, it's all pretty cool, although I felt a bit of an idiot waving my hands about all over the place.

Now I'm trying to decide whether to keep this one for my brother's Christmas and somehow try and nab another one (I'll make sure it works over several hours first !). Could I possibly stand another night in TRU, if they got a further planned delivery ????

Probably, yes, lol.

You meet allsorts

did you hear him on about his dad not having long left
'He's insured though'.......absolute classic

No I must have switched off at that point. I dod think that it was quite comical how he was moaning about the price for a while and then he realised that he didn't actually have enough on him.

q wasn't too bad at ipswich - had quite a laugh with people in q, talking about films games etc etc. made the time go by quite quickly (all 8 hours of it)

Nope Wii is being wrapped up for xmas as it is present for the missus.

I didn't even know this was happening, shows how much I pay attention.

Well done to everyone who got one, you'll love it.

I didn't know you wanted one so badly CAS;) :smashin:

I overnighted at Oldbury Toys R Us and I've already got one! I was queueing for a friend who wants one for her husband for christmas. She's been very ill this year and she's just getting over it so she couldn't queue herself.
7.5 hours sitting on a rock hard floor in the freezing cold. I've now got a numb ass and a Wii for her! It's all worth it because I know I've just made their christmas!
Cheers

Neil

p.s. For those who overnighted and haven't opened it yet: are you mental??? It's ace!!!!

Went down to the Hayes one in London at 1.30am they were all sold by 4.00am. They only had 31 was 12th on the list though me and my mate sat in the car till 3.30am as the other were inside the front entrance.

Could not believe people turning up at 8.00am having the cheek to moan. A couple of people queued from 9.00pm on friday :eek:

Unfortunately some of us are too ill to queue all night. I was at Southampton at 06:45 and now counting the cost to my health......

its ace! i got to merryhill TRUs at about 6.30am and was number 27 of 40! a bit of a con though as you could only buy the 289.99 package and they had limited games left!

I don't get why people queue up forever for these things.

If you don't have the foresight to pre-order a console that's coming out, you could just work overtime the amount of time you would be willing to spend in a queue (thus doing something constructive and probably not as cold if you work indoors) then use the extra money to nabble one off ebay.

Just my two scents :)

And you still bought one?

I would've told them to shove it up their ****.

That is a disgrace.

If you had been waiting 3+ hours in line for these damn things, in the early hours of the morning, you'd buy them regardless of what they sold it with.

TBH, it's not a HUGE problem. Just trade them in, or get em on ebay.

I don't get why people queue up forever for these things.

If you don't have the foresight to pre-order a console that's coming out, you could just work overtime the amount of time you would be willing to spend in a queue (thus doing something constructive and probably not as cold if you work indoors) then use the extra money to nabble one off ebay.

Just my two scents :)

I think alot of people have been caught by suprise to be honest. By their own interest! I've never owned a Nintendo console in my life. Then I tried a friends and realised how much fun it was! I was hooked. Not sure if I would have queued up for hours for one but i did manage to nab one from Toys R Us online the other day. Plus overtime wouldn't work here since I run a business!

If you don't have the foresight to pre-order a console that's coming out
I think many people, like me, did have the foresight to pre-order, only to be let down by the company we pre-ordered from. Hence the mad rush to then find a Wii in stock somewhere, whilst hopeing that you're not going to be let down again by another retailer.

i got one worth it but got some bundle 249 monter 4x4 ***** and got that pinball and fruit game going to trade these in i think

what was the q in mk like???

Sorry for the late response - been playing Golf & Baseball with my mates... I didn't join the queue until about 6:30 am (no. 33 in the q) but by all accounts some people had been there since the previous evening. By 7:15 am the manager had distributed vouchers for all the machines they had in stock and was busy giving out consolatory ÂŁ5 vouchers to those people still arriving.

When I left at 7:58am with my bundle, the queue had all been let in (we were let in c. 8 at a time) and people were still arriving to see if they could get a console:eek:

i got one worth it but got some bundle 249 monter 4x4 ***** and got that pinball and fruit game going to trade these in i think
Please can you confirm you want taking off the list in the buy me a Wii thread.

Cheers,

Gazza.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom