Question for those who purchased the DLC...

Hands of Sponge

Has it affected your ability to find a (decent) game?

Are the new maps in the rotation of the normal game modes or do they have their own separate playlist? I.E. can you choose to search for game just on the original maps if you were struggling to find players with the DLC?

Was thinking of downloading them but not if its going to gimp my ability to find a game, already in the last week or so I have noticed some occasional COD-esque BS, in terms of people not dropping when they should and then casually turning around and seemingly one shotting me. Not sure about making this worse by limiting the number of people whose games I can join.

kav

Distinguished Member
I don't know if the two are linked but since the release of the DLC - or maybe it's since the release of the most recent patch - the game has been up and down for me. This new thing they have of emptying a lobby if you are soundly beaten (or if you destroy the other team) is a sensible idea in theory, however the execution is poor - you end up having to go through minutes of matchmaking after every game as the game looks for new players for you. I think they should just go back to how it was - if someone is getting hammered then they have the ability to drop out and find a new lobby. There's no reason why the game should have to do that for you.

I think the above attempt at balance has in turn affected the matchmaking by reducing the number of viable players you can come up against, and consequently we're ending up in higher ping matches which are less fun to play when the other person is way ahead (or way behind). Of course I don't know the technicalities and I could be talking out of my arse but having read Respawn's explanation of the patch on their blog page, and considering that alongside my own experience of the game since the patch, this feels like a sensible explanation.

Also I've noticed that if everyone in the lobby has the map pack, the new maps are finding their way into the normal rotation.

iwb100

Distinguished Member
I don't know if the two are linked but since the release of the DLC - or maybe it's since the release of the most recent patch - the game has been up and down for me. This new thing they have of emptying a lobby if you are soundly beaten (or if you destroy the other team) is a sensible idea in theory, however the execution is poor - you end up having to go through minutes of matchmaking after every game as the game looks for new players for you. I think they should just go back to how it was - if someone is getting hammered then they have the ability to drop out and find a new lobby. There's no reason why the game should have to do that for you.

I think the above attempt at balance has in turn affected the matchmaking by reducing the number of viable players you can come up against, and consequently we're ending up in higher ping matches which are less fun to play when the other person is way ahead (or way behind). Of course I don't know the technicalities and I could be talking out of my arse but having read Respawn's explanation of the patch on their blog page, and considering that alongside my own experience of the game since the patch, this feels like a sensible explanation.

Also I've noticed that if everyone in the lobby has the map pack, the new maps are finding their way into the normal rotation.

Since the DLC and last patch my KD vs human players is ~6.5.

And I'm definitely nowhere near that level. My overall KD is just over 2

So I've been loving it since the patch. But I agree something is definitely different in matchmaking. In that every game I play I'm going mental......

Neil_H

I've noticed that it’s much easier to find a game in the Expedition lobby – I have a feeling that the majority of players are now in here and that means in the regular lobbies there are fewer players, and therefore a poorer matchmaking experience. I have had a great time in the DLC lobby, like @iwb100 my KDR has soared this weekend. In the regular Attrition lobby I've also had the odd player who seems to be unkillable. One guy I shot close up on Nexus with a CAR while he was hacking a turret, somehow managed break away from the hack, jump out of the way and satchel charge me taking hardly any damage…and a couple more times where I fired first and he ran through my bullets and killed me. He was the only one in the lobby on full bars.

@kav, I’m not a fan of the matchmaking either, they should just jumble the lobby so the top players are split up so you get an even skill distribution across the teams. Moving teams around the way it does can make it painfully slow to find a game sometimes.

Hands of Sponge

Thanks guys, all sounds fairly promising, think I'll give them a download tonight!:smashin:

Have also definitely noticed a difference in the game over last week or so, prior to that it always felt pretty fair, now I get some lobbies where I am an unkillable god and others where I seem to be firing blanks.

Agree on the matchmaking being one of the few missteps in the game design. Why it insists on keeping people on the same team rather than shuffling players between teams to balance out a la COD is beyond me.

Neil_H

Definitely something up at the moment, playing on a 4 bar against a 5 bar is virtually impossible. So many times last night I would get the drop on someone and they would manage to turn and kill me. It was always people on 5 bars. I do have a fault on my phone line at the moment, so maybe that’s contributing.

I will give it a break this week I think.

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Tried to play for the first time in ages on the weekend and the only matches i could successfully get into were in CTF for some reason o_O

What have they done!

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Its really up and down for me the past week.
It plays like it did on release and the past month or so and then get chucked into another lobby and goes to ****
Then have games where I am unkillable and then games where I cant get a kill. I now have a setup for the Hemlock and see how many bursts it takes to take down a grunt. If it takes 2 or more then I turn it off or try another lobby.

I have sent them numerous tweets to Respawn & Titanfall Game but no response. Having a read looks like it common the past week or so.
I really hope it does not go the way of COD or BF and they have our money and move on.

Something is not right that's for sure but they are keeping quiet about it.

kav

Distinguished Member
Agreed Tones. No response to my tweets either.

@Neil_H Yeah I'm sure that's contributing to the matchmaking issues, it's like they've tried to be too clever with it.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom