Question for those that have a New iPad

nheather

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
When it arrives new is there a protective film on the back that could be left on whilst in use until I get something proper.

This will be my first iPad ever and I want to protect it with a case\cover.

Will be looking for something minimalist so that it doesn't interfere with the size, neatness, balance of the device.

At the moment my thought is a gel or skin to cover the back/sides and a smart cover for the front. So in use I could remove the smart cover and it would practically be a nude iPad.

Smart covers aren't a problem - the iPad 2 ones are the same.

But I assume that anything else could be different because the new iPad is thicker (by a little bit) and may have different size\position ports\holes\camera lens.

So if I buy one now I'm worried that the back might get scratched whilst I'm waiting for rear protectors to become available. If there is a shipping film that could be left on for the time being that would be fine.

Cheers,

Nigel

No front or rear film, it comes in a plastic sleeve, which you need to remove from to use.

Guess I'll hang on a little until the accessories start to appear - doubt it will be long.

Also give me time to hear some real reviews.

Cheers,

Nigel

put cling film on the back....no seriously... cling film :D

its got see through plastic i left mine on until i see something better

So some have a protective film and some don't? Or are you just talking about the plastic sleeve that cover front and back.

No front or rear film, it comes in a plastic sleeve, which you need to remove from to use.

Cheers,

Nigel

No, they ALL have a clear plastic wallet/sleeve around them.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom