1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for SteveEX - Rel sub volume level.

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Jase, Aug 9, 2001.

1. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Hi Steve

This has probably been answered before, seeing as your the man to talk to re Subs, Rels etc

What volume levels do you have your Rel subs set at? i.e the volume knob on the actual subs

I have a Q200 but the level is only set at around 1/5th. Ive heard its better to set the volume level much higher and use the processor/amp to control output. I have the A1se.

Any thoughts??

cheers in advance

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: Hooty ]</p>

2. Frustin

Frustin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i would also be insterested in this.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gents.<br />I am not sure that there is a definitive answer to this, however i have always tried to set my sub's volume up so that roughly speaking the amp/processor etc lfe level is set at about mid-position of it's range (i.e if the range is -10 to +10 then i try and set it up so it's around 0 or if it's -10 to 0 then around -5). I do this simply so i have scope on either the side of the setting to either turn it up or down via the amp leaving the (tiresome) sub setting's alone as much as possible. It just so happens that this means the Rel volume pots are set to about 1 o'clock (just past half way). Personally i would have the pots somewhere near there anyway so as to let the sub's amps "breathe" a bit.

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Cheers Steve.

Regards