Question for Sonomoth

kwebbotaurus

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I noticed you have a Pioneer DV-717 and have bought (or were thinking of buying) a DV-565 for DVDA & SACD.

How does the 565 stand up to the 717 picture quality wise, as good or better?

Got the 565 last weekend but haven't really used it for video yet, just played the one SACD that I have so far....LOL.

It will be difficult for me to compare as the players will be in different rooms. The 717 will remain on my rear projection and the 565 will be used for audio. May use it for video on the new plasma though :) Haven't decided yet.

I did once think about replacing the 717 but would have bought something more top end to replace it.

The 565 also has size on its side and one of the other reasons for getting it, fits into the hifi rack quite nicely. The only video I did try off it did look pretty good and that was via S-Video but couldn't offer a direct comparison.

Sorry about that.

Thanks for replying!

I should hopefully be getting a 565 today, so will be able to do a side by side comparison over the weekend.

A couple of people over at The DVD Forums seem to think it's just as good as 717 & 737!

I wouldn't be surprised, my 717 is over 5 years old now and technology will have moved on in that time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom