Question for people with Denon AVR1906...

Kendo76

Hi people..

I'm about to order the Denon 1906 today and have just a quick couple of questions for any owners or experienced users out there.

Following on from an earlier thread I was told that I need to use a Phantom mode on the receiver as I'm only going to start out with front left and right speakers, then build up a good system over time.

Can anyone tell me if the Denon has this Phantom mode?

Lastly what is the component output like on the receiver?

I'm running a Mark Grant component cable from my modified xbox at the moment and the quality is superb, will running it through the receiver degrade this? Perhaps I should still run the video direct to the tv?

Any advice would be great :)

Dfour

Kendo76 said:
I'm running a Mark Grant component cable from my modified xbox at the moment and the quality is superb, will running it through the receiver degrade this? Perhaps I should still run the video direct to the tv?

It shouldnt degrad it but unless you need componant switching and want to buy another of Marks cables then leave it alone.

clockworks

Kendo76 said:
Hi people..

I'm about to order the Denon 1906 today and have just a quick couple of questions for any owners or experienced users out there.

Following on from an earlier thread I was told that I need to use a Phantom mode on the receiver as I'm only going to start out with front left and right speakers, then build up a good system over time.

Can anyone tell me if the Denon has this Phantom mode?

Lastly what is the component output like on the receiver?

Any advice would be great :)

If you're only going to use 2 speakers, just set the receiver to stereo mode. Phantom centre mode is used when you've got 4 speakers (left & right, and 2 rears).

Keep all your video going direct to the TV.

Kendo76

Thanks Dfour and clockworks, appreciate the input.

Have now ordered the 1906 from Empire Direct, can't wait for proper sound! Never had a tv bigger than 21" till a couple of days ago and never had decent a sound system connected to the tv/dvd. Should be a nice improvement.

:)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom